Quick question - open sandbox still or not?

#1bethyreedPosted 2/23/2012 1:25:37 AM
I cant seem to find much information on Far Cry 3

But Far Cry 2's open sandbox format made the game.

I CAN NOT stand linear set piece games like single player modern warfare 2

The trailer with the psycho made it seem like it was not open at all, just bits and pieces of combat with in cut screens
#2specialkid8Posted 2/23/2012 8:48:56 AM
It's open world, but there will be some more set piece like moments like what was shown in the new gameplay. Rest assured you will be able to wander the island to your hearts content.
#3desert_fox201Posted 2/23/2012 9:50:54 AM
Yeah, I think it's going to be open world with some missions that will force you to jump through hoops (like getting captured or taking the helicopter) but as you can see from the two gameplay trailers, you still get a lot of free reign over these missions.
---
"Welcome to 313, where people moan about their dads, have phimosis and shower before curry." - Lagunathemoron
#4bethyreed(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2012 12:05:02 AM
Which trailers show the non set pieces?

All i have seen so far is the missions that are VERY linear
#5Famine_10f4Posted 2/26/2012 12:35:01 AM

I highly doubt it will be as open as Far Cry 2 was... I could be wrong though.

Think of it like Mafia II... It is open world but the actual missions themselves are a bit more constricting. For instance, you have to travel to a boat (the Medusa I believe) and on that boat it becomes it's own level. Once you're done the mission you can go back to your open jungle and explore a bit.

#6specialkid8Posted 2/26/2012 8:08:27 AM
No, I'm pretty sure it is completely open world. The Medusa is just chilling on some beach and you can go and visit it any time and leave in the middle of the mission.
#7Famine_10f4Posted 2/26/2012 1:38:44 PM

specialkid8 posted...
No, I'm pretty sure it is completely open world. The Medusa is just chilling on some beach and you can go and visit it any time and leave in the middle of the mission.

Its hard to explain. What I'm saying is that once you get to that area it is structured like a standard level, it wont feel like your cheap open level missions where they simply throw you into some random area. Some of the other areas outside in the open world probably wont be nearly as detailed or structured as well like the Medusa, or other mission areas in the game. They will be isolated experiences. 

#8specialkid8Posted 2/26/2012 2:11:20 PM
I know what you're saying and it's unlikely.
#9ZenswordPosted 2/26/2012 6:55:25 PM
It's open world like FC2. but it'll have some setpieces.
#10sukrajPosted 2/28/2012 5:28:58 AM

Zensword posted...
It's open world like FC2. but it'll have some setpieces.

hey howz it going bro

It is defintly open world just like far cry 2.