I hope the map editor can generate a map for the maps we make...

#1OnePolishGuyPosted 3/5/2012 3:34:39 PM
Don't let the title confuse you. Im talking about an actual map that your player can hold and look at for reference. I was disappointed to see no map for multiplayer, as frankly... its hard to navigate through a map you've never seen before. I don't see how the game can incorporate this feature, but man would it be awesome!

Of course, technology wasn't as good 4 years ago as it is, today, but I suppose we can only cross our fingers and hope to be surprised :)

any thoughts?
---
"...and when there was no meat, we ate fowl and when there was no fowl, we ate crawdad and when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand. "
#2mastershakezPosted 3/5/2012 5:55:02 PM

Somehow I understood that title instantly...

And yeah, I agree. Seems pretty easy too, it just needs to take a top down picture of your map. It would be even better if you got to choose when the picture is taken, as it would help with indoor maps that would otherwise just show a big block on the map.

#3usmovers_02Posted 3/6/2012 2:27:15 AM
Actually, I have reason to believe this is REALLY easy. I've used map editors built by modders for games 15 years old that were able to generate a map of your map automatically. And these editors were programmed by ONE person! With an entire team, they certainly should be able to also.

Have they said anything about the map in FC3 yet?
---
Arrow in the knee: http://skyrimnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=10753
SPACEngarde: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/imageshare/image.php?id=41978
#4specialkid8Posted 3/6/2012 7:01:51 AM
I guess they figure you will be too busy running around killing people to look at a map. Most of the in-box maps were also pretty small. If they slowed down the multiplayer a bit for something a little more deliberate on larger maps a map would be quite useful.
#5ill-thoughtsPosted 3/6/2012 10:25:44 AM

i kinda Like not having a map for created areas. its more like real life. the person youre Attacking knows the map...but youza ded dogg ifa youz can no IMPROVIZAH!!.