Multiplayer Question

#1remotecar3Posted 4/5/2012 2:34:24 PM
Does anyone know if Ubisoft has released any concrete info on how classes are going to work. Like is it going to be like COD, or like FCIP?

Btw, I really hope in the end it's something like Halo: Reach, where you can choose what mediocre weapons to start with and then have power weapons placed on the map. Or just have placeable weapons, or have no weapons at all on the map. CUSTOMIZATION IS THE KEY, UBI!
---
No mustard on my bike
#2specialkid8Posted 4/5/2012 4:27:37 PM
They're copying COD. Completely make your own class.
#3remotecar3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2012 4:40:49 PM
I see. So I'm assuming that means weapons won't appear on the map? Well, this news along with the news of no vehicles in multiplayer will really hinder the map editor's capabilities. I just hope they really tweak the multiplayer while we're so far out. I've no problem with custom classes, but completely removing the choice? I dunno, to me that's kinda lame. Seems like they're trying to cater to the COD crowd rather than trying to remain unique. Ah well, I might not get this game after all. :(
---
No mustard on my bike
#4specialkid8Posted 4/5/2012 4:50:29 PM
Yeah, as many people as their are that aren't happy about all of this hopefully they can at least tweak it a bit being that a complete overhaul is pretty unlikely. They're definitely trying to copy COD; right down to "not kill streaks". I'm fine with games taking a bit from COD. It's "in" right now and they want money from it but pulling a Crysis 2 and just copying from the COD handbook is not acceptable.
#5remotecar3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2012 5:02:00 PM
Well, it's not that I think COD is terrible (just oversaturated right now) but yeah, I'd really like something original every once in a while instead of a "unique twist" on the COD formula. Though I am curious as to if they can pull it off, hopefully by adding custom game modes (as the multiplayer doesn't look that bad, just lacking in terms of originality.).

And here's hoping there are vehicles, please dear god let there be placeable vehicles in the Map Editor.
---
No mustard on my bike