Sign if you're disappointed with Multiplayer so far

#1Sevi_neyPosted 4/7/2012 7:52:43 PM
Also sign if you have no idea why every FPS dev. feels the need to roll over for CoD formulae.

I'm disappointed for several reasons, specifically Map Editor looks like its been hindered by a lack of vehicles, weapon placement and the like. It's a map editor people... what's the harm in allowing weapon placement?Then there's the emphasis on XP that intrudes on the screen like I'm playing a freaking skinner box (which is insulting).

Yeah, I bought Far Cry 3, I'm going to check out multiplayer, you don't need to be so insecure about that Ubi. Ripping off CoD, BF3 and KZ3 as well as whatever other FPS features you throw into the mix isn't going to create the greatest online experience ever, it only seems logical, but its been tried many times already, never works. It's pandering and everyone knows it.

Fortunately, FC3 is pre-ordered based on single player, which will be awesome.

*signz*
---
Games I want: DmC, GTA V, Hitman 5, Last of Us, Far Cry 3
#2ill-thoughtsPosted 4/7/2012 10:24:39 PM

im slightly dissapointed with the smaller maps and no vehicles. i LOVED engaging in a sprawling large tropical fire fight with cars and racing from 1 point to another on the map, its what made the game "not just a shooter"...but it depends on what items are in the editor. if its basic silly stuff, ill pass on FC3.

im not too thrilled about the single player, ultimately the online is what will keep me. this game is kind of like Skyrim...which i dropped about 50 hours into and lost all interest in after a week.

#3usmovers_02Posted 4/8/2012 2:40:34 AM
I can honestly care less one way or another about most of the new online features. I'll learn to live with them and enjoy the game as it is.

Two major issues I have though:

1) The freaking HUD!! How much stuff can they POSSIBLY cram on screen before you can't actually SEE anything anymore?

2) The removal of vehicles is ALMOST unacceptable. They now have VERY little wiggle room. Another mistake and I don't buy the game.
---
Arrow in the knee: http://skyrimnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=10753
SPACEngarde: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/imageshare/image.php?id=41978
#4MattEichakerPosted 4/8/2012 6:16:44 AM
usmovers_02 posted...
I can honestly care less one way or another about most of the new online features. I'll learn to live with them and enjoy the game as it is.

Two major issues I have though:

1) The freaking HUD!! How much stuff can they POSSIBLY cram on screen before you can't actually SEE anything anymore?

2) The removal of vehicles is ALMOST unacceptable. They now have VERY little wiggle room. Another mistake and I don't buy the game.

@ No. 2 -- This is exactly where I am at right now. I don't game like I used to. I don't have the time to just sit around sinking 3-4-5 hour sessions into some flashy multiplayer. I'm older now, almost thirty, got two kids, job, etc, and am very picky about the games I buy. If I'm gonna invest in one, I want to be engaged for months on end. FC2 had a tiny community, but a dedicated one, and even some of the horrible maps (balance and structure-wise) were lots of (TOILET) fun with the right crew.

There is absolutely no reason why the FC community would suddenly turn against vehicles in MP, as Ubi are claiming. It is utter and complete horse****. What it is, is an online element that goes against the current business model for developing video games:

Small maps.
Twitch.
XP.
Perks.
Killstreaks.
KD KD KD
KD KD KD

Lack of vehicles is "infantry combat". Small maps are re-termed "tight". Twitch is "skill". XP is XP, but whatever. Kids these days need bright, glaring +100 flashing on their screen to validate their existence. Perks are "abilities". Killstreak rewards is "supporting". So long as they keep reiterating this crap, the majority of potential purchasers will buy into it, and buy the game. Play it, give Ubi some great numbers on launch day. Only problem is, 90% of them are just gonna use the game like a cheap beer and throw it away just as fast, going back to COD because COD is COD and this game will appear a cheap knock off.

Which it will be if they pull any more crap.
#5xStackedActorxPosted 4/8/2012 8:15:45 AM
*signs*
I just don't know about this game anymore. I was looking forward to it not too long ago, but that was before, when it was Far Cry 3, not Far Cry of Duty. Sigh.
---
[This message was deleted at the request of the U.S Government]
#6ozzmarkkPosted 4/8/2012 12:15:14 PM

MattEichaker posted...
90% of them are just gonna use the game like a cheap beer and throw it away just as fast, going back to COD because COD is COD and this game will appear a cheap knock off.

This is right on the money. Bring back vehicles!!! *signs*

#7LandfillAOPosted 4/12/2012 4:01:40 PM
Sign. A million times, sign. Not only are they going with the terrible CoD formula for multiplayer, they are dumbing down the single player as well. I am losing interest by the second.
#8Sevi_ney(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 4:58:48 PM
LandfillAO posted...
Sign. A million times, sign. Not only are they going with the terrible CoD formula for multiplayer, they are dumbing down the single player as well. I am losing interest by the second.

Are they? How? Hmm... I'm holding out for SP. Unless they do something that drives it directly into a ditch, then I'll bail. I don't see that as likely yet.
---
Games I want: DmC, GTA V, Hitman 5, Last of Us, Far Cry 3
#9LandfillAOPosted 4/13/2012 2:02:45 AM
Sevi_ney posted...
LandfillAO posted...

Are they? How? Hmm... I'm holding out for SP. Unless they do something that drives it directly into a ditch, then I'll bail. I don't see that as likely yet.

3 of my favorite aspects of FC2 are absent in FC3 (unless it has changed). Weapon degradation is gone. Fire propogation is gone and the health bar is gone, full regen is in.

Some of my favorite moments came when I was standing on top a hill looking into a camp below, fire an RPG, nothng happens. Then I realize the brush behind me is on fire and the whole base is alerted to my presence. I run down the hill firing, health critical. Get ehind a rock, pull a bullet out of my thigh, go back into battle. You get the idea.

I don't mind if weapons don't break but I still want them to jam/malfunction on occasion. The health system was awesome and healing yourself in the middle of shootouts was incredibly intense. I just don't understand the need to strip away the features that made FC2 such a unique and (flawed) genius game.
#10usmovers_02Posted 4/13/2012 3:39:51 AM
Fire propogation is confirmed to return for both multiplayer and single player.
---
Arrow in the knee: http://skyrimnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=10753
SPACEngarde: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/imageshare/image.php?id=41978