T/F No vehicles online makes far cry 3 less fun

#1TacticalSniper7Posted 4/30/2012 1:20:08 PM
True, sometimes i am just in the mood to mess around with friends and go into a racing map and just fool around and far cry 2 delivered that experience, are you happy about the decision or disappointed?
---
Vita psn: EPB_Melegor (uncharted, mortal kombat, resistance)
GT: EPB Melegor (mw3, dead island, GRAFS)
#2MattEichakerPosted 4/30/2012 5:38:39 PM
I am very disappointed.

For years FC has been about guerrilla-styled warfare supplemented by vehicles. Vehicular movement was an ever-present and constant variable both to be used, and have used against you. It kept things moving, kept the battle ticking along at a fresh clip, and kept things interesting.

With the removal of vehicles they have effectively reduced the variables in terms of gameplay (imo anyway) to the constrictive and restricting realm of twitch-shooting infantry combat.

Add in a bunch of industry buzz terminology like enhance, expand, and refine, thrown around by what are apparently oblivious execs and PR scum, and you have a situation which displeases me greatly, but that I am not at all unfamiliar with over the last few years.

Just didn't expect Ubi to be the latest dev going down this asinine path, or that they would be possibly sacrificing the FC franchise in a test case to see what sort of market share they can take from a certain... other game.

BOTTOM LINE: Ubi is full of it with their claims that the FC community has suddenly turned against vehicles in our games. BS. Has nothing to do with the wants of the FC community. It has to do with a bunch of lawyers, execs, and other suited filth looking at pie charts and trying to copy aspects of other games that make them popular.

I'm hoping I love this game. I truly am. But I am preparing to be bored of-- and disappointed with-- MP within a few weeks time. Hope I'm wrong.
#3mastershakezPosted 4/30/2012 11:07:44 PM
It was a terrible decision, and I can't believe they even considered it in the first place. That being said, it's no make or break feature for me.
#4usmovers_02Posted 5/1/2012 2:39:35 AM
It is STILL the most talked about and most hated decision on the official forums. I think a major reason for their silence about the game now is because they're changing this and want to announce it properly.
---
Arrow in the knee: http://skyrimnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=10753
SPACEngarde: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/imageshare/image.php?id=41978
#5TacticalSniper7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 12:26:08 PM
i actually hoped that helicopters were coming in fc3 but i was even more disappointed to know that there are not going to be any vehicles :/

can you imagine the amazing helicopter matches? now we won't even have racing maps ._.

i still love far cry for what it offers, but i am extremely disappointed.
---
#6mastershakezPosted 5/1/2012 2:10:22 PM
usmovers_02 posted...
It is STILL the most talked about and most hated decision on the official forums. I think a major reason for their silence about the game now is because they're changing this and want to announce it properly.

I fear that the game is too far along for them to fix it now. I would like to think it's as easy as just adding the vehicles from the single player to the map editor(no need for any premade maps to have them), but we'll just have to wait and see.

What did they think people would say? I mean as much as I hate racing maps, just look at the top rated and top downloaded lists on Far Cry 2. They can't be that clueless about their own community, seriously.
#7usmovers_02Posted 5/1/2012 2:15:24 PM
As boneheaded as Ubisoft normally is, I think this is an easy one to fix and that they will FINALLY listen to us. They didn't for FC2 and as a result the MP lobbies died FAST. So far they aren't listening to us for FC3 either but I'm hoping they've learned their lesson.
---
Arrow in the knee: http://skyrimnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=10753
SPACEngarde: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/imageshare/image.php?id=41978
#8TacticalSniper7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 2:16:17 PM
mastershakez posted...
usmovers_02 posted...

I fear that the game is too far along for them to fix it now. I would like to think it's as easy as just adding the vehicles from the single player to the map editor(no need for any premade maps to have them), but we'll just have to wait and see.

What did they think people would say? I mean as much as I hate racing maps, just look at the top rated and top downloaded lists on Far Cry 2. They can't be that clueless about their own community, seriously.

why do you hate racing maps? i mean i understand people like me not liking racing games but it's fun to shoot each other and race

everybody is entitled to their opinion, but just curious was it the maps or the slow cars? or you just plain don't like racing at all?
---
#9ozzmarkkPosted 5/1/2012 5:57:19 PM

TRUE! I want the crazy fun that vehiclular combat delivered in FCIP! I couldn't care less about battle cries and other nonsense.

#10TacticalSniper7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 6:20:20 AM
ozzmarkk posted...
TRUE! I want the crazy fun that vehiclular combat delivered in FCIP! I couldn't care less about battle cries and other nonsense.

although the new features are interesting i would never change my vehicle combat for them =/
---