New info possibly?

#1IntranPosted 9/8/2012 11:01:25 AM
Was talking to the manager at GameStop who attended the GameStop expo. He said they showed off the game. One thing that was shown that was unknown apparently was that your character gets a parachute. Apparently like just cause 2 where it's reusable. Don't quote me on it though, thats just what he said. Hope this wasn't old news.
---
GT - Intranquill
PSN - Lawlerftw
#2bluehat94Posted 9/8/2012 11:15:44 AM(edited)
Why would you even use a parachute? There are no flying vehicles to jump out of, you don't have the grappling hook, and you can jump off cliffs, but the hang gliders are much faster, it would be almost entirely useless.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#3liam_000Posted 9/9/2012 3:33:43 AM(edited)
Seems pretty pointless, the only thing other than the forementioned i can of think of it being any use for it getting down quickly from those radio towers, although im pretty sure there are zip lines at the top of those things anyway

Although if they have included it, it would be for a reason. Maybe they've put in some kick ass base jumping sites on the island.
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#4Intran(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2012 5:20:26 AM
So you're saying there's going to be a hang glider on every possible cliff in the game? Lol no, so why wouldn't a parachute work for areas with no hang glider in sight?

Also, I would love a parachute for those instances where I fall off a cliff or something and it's either death or parachute.
---
GT - Intranquill
PSN - Lawlerftw
#5specialkid8Posted 9/9/2012 6:04:21 AM
Gamestop employees have a pretty good track record of being derps so I wouldn't buy too much into it.
#63CDEDPosted 9/9/2012 9:02:48 AM
specialkid8 posted...
Gamestop employees have a pretty good track record of being derps so I wouldn't buy too much into it.

thats putting it incredibly politely
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7816538416_df717aec0a_b.jpg http://www.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0025/iyTT224570.jpg
#7specialkid8Posted 9/9/2012 9:34:17 AM
I think working there changes you. I had a friend who worked at one and I went in one day to buy something and he told me Army of Two was going to be the next big game. Maybe it's in their contract to give horrible advice and misinformation.
#8bluehat94Posted 9/9/2012 10:01:20 AM(edited)
I think I must be lucky with the Gamestops in my area or something, because they're not only very helpful, but their recommendations have been great as well. I never would have gotten into Mass Effect or Far Cry if it weren't for the employees at my local Gamestops.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#9ChelloYallPosted 9/11/2012 2:59:36 PM
If the info IS accurate then it is intriguing to me. Intran's idea of using it for a last chance at surviving a fall is great.
#10usmovers_02Posted 9/11/2012 5:42:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]