Enemies still take too many bullets to kill?

#1HedorianPosted 10/10/2012 2:35:28 PM
In the latest videos it seems you still have to shoot people quite a bit before they will go down. In the latest story vid the player shoots the tiger several times before it goes down. Surely if this went down in real life the tiger wouldnt have a chance. I'm not asking for pure ultra realistic weapon damage Ubi :) but if youre gonna limit how much ammo we can carry for then at least make the damage somewhat relastic. 2-3 shots for body kill. 1 to the head makes sense. Shooting someone 5-8 times before they go down is a bit excessive unless all these guys are on bath salts :)
---
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Infamous 2 (PS3), and Ocarina of Time (Wii)
#2Duffy12323Posted 10/10/2012 5:53:05 PM
I noticed that too. Little concerning, because that was something I disliked about 2.
#3usmovers_02Posted 10/10/2012 6:05:46 PM
Every human I've seen shot went down with a fair amount of bullets. I too noticed the tiger, but it seems to be the ONLY thing with too much health so far.
---
Arrow in the knee: http://skyrimnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=10753
SPACEngarde: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/imageshare/image.php?id=41978
#4bluehat94Posted 10/10/2012 10:09:08 PM
It didn't seem like it took very many bullets to kill people when I played it, 4 bullets tops took enemies down.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#5liam_000Posted 10/11/2012 8:12:07 AM
I saw a video on youtube where a lion turned on its trainer (was a circus lion). It was just holding the guys head in its jaws dragging him round his cage, this went on for about 10 mins when they decided enough was enough and started shooting the lion with a .45

It took about 10 shots to the face before it let go, and even then it wasn't dead, it was just rolling around on the floor in pain. Big animals are tough SOBs.

And check this guy out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyZPIguqyw0
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#6Perfect LightPosted 10/11/2012 8:42:59 PM(edited)
If you are full of adrenaline and in the middle of a firefight, 2-3 body shots is unlikely to bring you down right away. Head down to #6 and educate yourself: http://www.cracked.com/article_19698_7-deadly-things-you-wont-believe-most-people-survive.html

That being said, I'll be playing on the easiest difficulty because having enemies take half a clip to bring down is boring and tedious. It isn't fun, it's just padding the game.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes...learn something new
My novel - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095KJ6YC
#7icehawk5191Posted 10/11/2012 10:08:25 PM
I used to get miffed in far cry 2 when it took so many shots to the body to kill someone. so i started shooting them in the face. it works better imo.
#8ill-thoughtsPosted 10/11/2012 10:32:18 PM
liam_000 posted...
I saw a video on youtube where a lion turned on its trainer (was a circus lion). It was just holding the guys head in its jaws dragging him round his cage, this went on for about 10 mins when they decided enough was enough and started shooting the lion with a .45

It took about 10 shots to the face before it let go, and even then it wasn't dead, it was just rolling around on the floor in pain. Big animals are tough SOBs.

i saw that too. tigers, lions and bears can take a good 5 to 8 shots before they fall, depending on where theyre shot at. their bodies are alot thicker, tougher and durable because of their size so a bullet to them is like being injected with a needle lol unless it strikes the heart, brain or a vital lung, theyll just keep coming at you.

humans can take a good amount of shots as well though before they fall. i was actually shot before in the right chest/shoulder area and didnt even realize it until i saw the blood showing in my shirt, but im 6'3" and 250 pounds and my chest is a pretty meaty and protected area lol. it all depends on size and location of hit. iv seen guys shot 3 or 4 times and still fighting like they were never shot, it happens often, especially in the streets or at war. for a GAME, id say 3 to 4 shots should be enough to down a man. i use to play Saints Row The Third on the hardest difficulty and it took 5-8 shots from a pistol upclose to put those guys down, they were some Tuff Muther Uckers lol.
#9ill-thoughtsPosted 10/11/2012 10:35:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10drewpot2001Posted 10/12/2012 7:04:55 PM
Most large animals like Bears and Tigers have very thick skulls/bones and hides. This doesn't make them bullet proof, but it means the bullets slow down A LOT and don't reach deep into internal organs unless hit in a weak spot.

My grandfather was a trapper back in the day, and the first time he trapped a bear, he tried to put it down with his .45 revolver and put all six shots into it's head and it only pissed it off. He had to drive home and come back with his rifle (.303 I believe) which took over an hour, and the bear was still alive and mad with some dried up blood on it's forehead. The .303 Lee Enfield did him in with one shot to the already weakened skull.

Animals (and people) don't drop dead with one or two shots like people seem to think. (unless it's the brain or heart hit).

The videos of people and tigers getting shot seemed fairly realistic. The tiger I seen took about 6-8 shots to kill, and most humans who aren't armored seem to take about 3 - 4.