what type of game is this?

#1memo76Posted 10/30/2012 7:51:06 AM
Is this a typical FPS or is this more of a open world GTA style game. Ive read a bit about it and it kinda sounds like a elder scrolls game with guns. Am I totaly off the mark?
#2ill-thoughtsPosted 10/30/2012 10:08:30 AM
lol Skyrim with Guns I guess would be accurate...or The Godfather on a tropical island lol....maybe GTA with Pirates :l

its You....on an island....with serial murderers and shady business men with lots of guns...SURVIVE.

and then create maps and do it online.
#3tzar_666Posted 10/30/2012 11:25:45 AM
uh no its farcry. nothing like or in common with any elder scroll games.
no skyrim with guns is just a stupid analysis of farcry.
just play farcry2 or farcry instincts. and watch the videos for 3
there is nothing gta about farcry
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#4usmovers_02Posted 10/30/2012 1:29:57 PM
Skyrim with guns is absolutely not how I would describe the FC series. The new game DOES have a very basic leveling system but even Skyrims dumbed down leveling is substantially more in-depth.

And the only thing it shares in common with GTA is that it's open world.

The best way to describe the single player part of the game to me would be an open world survival FPS where you can approach the enemy just about any way you can imagine.
---
Arrow in the knee: http://skyrimnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=10753
SPACEngarde: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/imageshare/image.php?id=41978
#5tzar_666Posted 10/30/2012 5:11:49 PM
i really cant think of a game to compare to farcry. its far too different from any other game to make comparisons. you dont have super powers or high teck gear. you cant run up walls or jump over buildings..there is no game like farcry 3 except farcry 2
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#6drewpot2001Posted 10/30/2012 5:19:58 PM
I would best describe FC3 as...
CoD + Battlefied + Assasins Creed + GTA + Uncharted + Far Cry's unique flare that can't be described...

And as far as multiplayer, it's like CoD/Battlefied blended together with the FarCry golden element, which includes a ******* map editor. Who could ask for more?
#7tzar_666Posted 10/30/2012 5:24:07 PM
drewpot2001 posted...
I would best describe FC3 as...
CoD + Battlefied + Assasins Creed + GTA + Uncharted + Far Cry's unique flare that can't be described...

And as far as multiplayer, it's like CoD/Battlefied blended together with the FarCry golden element, which includes a ******* map editor. Who could ask for more?

how is farcry cod battlefield assasins creed gta or uncharted. you need to explain in detail for each comparison
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#8mastershakezPosted 10/30/2012 6:27:11 PM
It's pretty unique, just wait for it to come out and watch some streams or something. I don't even know what to compare it to, since it's much different from it's predecessors. That and I haven't played it.
#9tzar_666Posted 10/30/2012 6:31:51 PM
mastershakez posted...
It's pretty unique, just wait for it to come out and watch some streams or something. I don't even know what to compare it to, since it's much different from it's predecessors. That and I haven't played it.

if you like guided traditional shooters play instincts if you like open world play 2 take away respawn checkpoints and thats a lot of what 3 is.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#10usmovers_02Posted 10/30/2012 7:10:32 PM
tzar_666 posted...
mastershakez posted...

if you like guided traditional shooters play instincts if you like open world play 2 take away respawn checkpoints and thats a lot of what 3 is.

Lol. I think you misunderstood mastershakez post. He's definitely a FC veteran.
---
Arrow in the knee: http://skyrimnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=10753
SPACEngarde: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/imageshare/image.php?id=41978