There is No Ragdoll or Any Kind of Physics to Death Animations

#1detbasketball13Posted 11/4/2012 1:04:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fIB3d8_yfkU#t=192s

I am totally bummed by this, far cry 2 had pretty good physics. Its this 2002 or something

I can't enjoy this after being spoiled by red dead/max payne 3
#2mastershakezPosted 11/4/2012 1:21:28 AM
That video doesn't completely confirm that there's no ragdoll. Could just be a simple glitch or an early build where it wasn't working properly.

I've never really been a big fan of ragdoll, so I'm not worried either way though.
#3JiminipPosted 11/4/2012 1:26:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPaUEK7lqy0

Watch from 13:15 and see the ragdoll out of the exploding vehicle.
---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!
#4bluehat94Posted 11/4/2012 9:03:42 AM(edited)
TC, there were ragdoll deaths throughout that video.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#5drewpot2001Posted 11/4/2012 2:21:37 PM
That doesn't mean no ragdoll.
People need to understand how almost all ragdoll engines work before making dumb assumptions like this.

With 90% of all games, ragdolls are active for only a short period, then the body "freezes" where it is and ragdoll physics are "turned off" for it to save memory usage.

For example, an enemy may get shot and killed, so ragdoll is turned on then they flop down to the ground and usually roll around/twitch out a bit(since the physics are never perfect) and then after about 5 seconds of twitching they'll freeze where they are. That's ragdoll physics being turned off. It then becomes static, not dynamic.

What happened there was the ragdoll physics were turned off too soon and he was still falling/rolling down the hill but he went static sort of "in the air".

FarCry 3 has radgoll physics.
#6tzar_666Posted 11/4/2012 6:34:01 PM
drewpot2001 posted...
That doesn't mean no ragdoll.
People need to understand how almost all ragdoll engines work before making dumb assumptions like this.

With 90% of all games, ragdolls are active for only a short period, then the body "freezes" where it is and ragdoll physics are "turned off" for it to save memory usage.

For example, an enemy may get shot and killed, so ragdoll is turned on then they flop down to the ground and usually roll around/twitch out a bit(since the physics are never perfect) and then after about 5 seconds of twitching they'll freeze where they are. That's ragdoll physics being turned off. It then becomes static, not dynamic.

What happened there was the ragdoll physics were turned off too soon and he was still falling/rolling down the hill but he went static sort of "in the air".

FarCry 3 has radgoll physics.

sometimes playing skyrim i shoot someone with an arrow and they go flying across the screen its so funny. im old i dont care about ragdoll. just give me a good story and dont swear every 5 seconds. only reason i finished dishonoured is the story because the game sucked. only reason i finished darkness 2 is the story because darkness 2 sucked.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#7ill-thoughtsPosted 11/4/2012 6:39:56 PM
dont care. long as they die.

ragdoll is unrealistic anyway.
#8tzar_666Posted 11/4/2012 6:45:03 PM
ill-thoughts posted...

most of my life when people die in games they fall dowl like i pile of wet towels blink a couple of times and vanish or sink into the ground. all games are so much better then 30 years ago when i started except the music games had better scores
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#9SaintFC_Posted 11/4/2012 11:43:08 PM
tzar_666 posted...
ill-thoughts posted...

most of my life when people die in games they fall dowl like i pile of wet towels blink a couple of times and vanish or sink into the ground. all games are so much better then 30 years ago when i started except the music games had better scores

What was your first game? Mine was Horace goes skiing? Are you that old? (like me!)
---
Help Me!
#10tzar_666Posted 11/5/2012 6:35:29 AM
SaintFC_ posted...
tzar_666 posted...
ill-thoughts posted...

What was your first game? Mine was Horace goes skiing? Are you that old? (like me!)

tennis on my Coleco Telstar i played that game every day
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2