360 or PS3, seriously?

#1roadrunnerskPosted 11/4/2012 2:05:28 PM
I have both consoles, I don't want to start bickering with anyone which version is better. I know PS3 gets some exclusive DLC.

From the graphics/sounds aspect, which is better? I am about to preorder, but I couldnt find any topics already covering this.

If you plan on coming in here and saying "you're on the 360 board bro", don't post. I know I'm here, it is more active here. Also, if you think you should say "PS3 SUKS BRAH GIT IT ON THREE SIXTY", don't say that either. I'm just looking for a logical, somewhat specific answer.

Oh, and multiplayer doesnt really matter to me much.

---
"It is inevitable...." Agent Smith, (Hugo Weaving), The Matrix
#2usmovers_02Posted 11/4/2012 2:27:28 PM
Not trolling, what I've heard about the PS3 version has been VERY bad. Horrible popup and bad framerates. Obviously, this could all be fixed by release.
---
www.nohomophobes.com
#3ill-thoughtsPosted 11/4/2012 3:25:22 PM
i get Everything for the Xbox 360 because i LOVE ONLINE GAMING....and xbox's online community is SECOND TO NONE. the content they offer, the volume of online players, the presentation, shopping, etc...its just Better on xbox 360....sometimes even the Graphics. PS3 seems to have Sharper, less "Thick" graphics....i dont know if im explaining that right but i just like xbox's graphics more lol.
#4usmovers_02Posted 11/4/2012 4:02:11 PM
PS3 graphics ARE generally sharper than 360 graphics. Some 360 games try to hide this with depth of field and often times less saturated textures.
---
www.nohomophobes.com
#5MestreRothGFPosted 11/4/2012 4:42:46 PM
The only thing we know this far is due to a Kotak* opinion based on an alpha build.

X360 was bad back there; PS3 was horrible. This game seems to weight on hardware, therefore my bet is that PS3 won't be able to sustain 30 fps. As you know, industry focus is AAA titles for X360 and casual games for PC. Where's PS3? In the exclusive PS3 land.

I won't preorder for PS3 because I never preorder games from companies that I'm not 100% confident on. Neither for X360 because I don't buy retail games for this machine.

Just gotta wait. If it is good at PS3, I'll buy it for PS3. Otherwise I won't buy it.
#6MestreRothGFPosted 11/4/2012 4:48:40 PM
Oh, btw, no "seriously" can save this discussion. All it takes is two opposite fanboys to make this a standard GameFaqs board.
#7drewpot2001Posted 11/4/2012 5:10:41 PM
I'm no 360 fanboy, the only reason I own one over a PS3 is because I prefer the controller. Other than that, they're both the same to me.

As for your question, from what I've read/heard the PS3 version did have some problems with shadows, texture/object popup, and sometimes random tearing. I haven't actually seen this myself, mostly because 90% of the footage they've actually released so far is on PC, but also I don't go looking for PS3/360 exclusive footage because graphics don't matter to me.

But I have heard this from multiple reviewers/news sources, so if I had to choose, I'd play it safe and go with the 360 version.
#8tzar_666Posted 11/4/2012 5:23:34 PM
drewpot2001 posted...
I'm no 360 fanboy, the only reason I own one over a PS3 is because I prefer the controller. Other than that, they're both the same to me.

As for your question, from what I've read/heard the PS3 version did have some problems with shadows, texture/object popup, and sometimes random tearing. I haven't actually seen this myself, mostly because 90% of the footage they've actually released so far is on PC, but also I don't go looking for PS3/360 exclusive footage because graphics don't matter to me.

But I have heard this from multiple reviewers/news sources, so if I had to choose, I'd play it safe and go with the 360 version.

i have both obviously but seriously after the ps3 cant handle skyrim correctly or dawnguard. im favoring my 360 more and more. games ive played on both seem to work better on the 360. playing games on the 360 is harder on me because i hate the 360 controller. with few exclusive ps3 games id want to play im loosing faith in the ps3. only things better on my ps3 is the web browser (which im using now) the blue ray player for my movies. and the ps3 market works better then the 360 because i can suft the web while downloading which you cant on the 360 it stops downloads because it cant handle both at the same time. im getting the 360 version for these reasons.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#9bluehat94Posted 11/4/2012 5:55:11 PM
tzar_666 posted...
drewpot2001 posted...

i have both obviously but seriously after the ps3 cant handle skyrim correctly or dawnguard. im favoring my 360 more and more. games ive played on both seem to work better on the 360. playing games on the 360 is harder on me because i hate the 360 controller. with few exclusive ps3 games id want to play im loosing faith in the ps3. only things better on my ps3 is the web browser (which im using now) the blue ray player for my movies. and the ps3 market works better then the 360 because i can suft the web while downloading which you cant on the 360 it stops downloads because it cant handle both at the same time. im getting the 360 version for these reasons.

It isn't that the PS3 can't handle Skyrim, it's just that Bethesda can't seem to figure out how to make games on it.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#10JiminipPosted 11/4/2012 10:31:23 PM
I also have both and I'll probably get it for 360 due to being able to install the entire game onto my HD, it makes the wear and tear on the console a lot less.
---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!