What's the crack with all the different editions?

#1LukeyC224Posted 11/25/2012 6:53:01 AM
Far Cry 3 must be my most anticipated game of the year but I have no idea which version to get. I look online and I'm bombarded with different editions of the game.

So what's the deal? I know there's an Ultimate Edition with everything included but what else is there? Will the different exclusives from each version be later released as DLC or what?

I just don't want to end up with a gimped version of the game so if anyone can elaborate on what the different editions include that would be great =)

I'm in the UK by the way.
---
PSN/GT: LukeyC224. 3DS FC: 0001-3497-9073
--- Dammit! WWJBD?---
#2MisguidedPiratePosted 11/25/2012 8:53:12 AM
There's only two editions that I'm aware of - the Insane Edition (which gets you everything), and the Lost Expeditions edition (which pretty much every retailer is offering, and is essentially a case of "buy the game at launch and we'll give you this DLC!").

Then there's a few predorder bonuses depending on where you buy - Warrior Pack (Amazon), Predator Pack (GAME) and Hunter Pack (GameStop UK).

It's easy enough to find out what each pack offers via the Far Cry 3 website or the individual retailers, so I'll leave the rest of it to you.
---
XBL : Crossbit
#3tzar_666Posted 11/25/2012 9:14:09 AM
i dont understand your topic .

whats the crack?
try writing posts in standard american english.
using propper words instead of inserting words where they dont belong
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#4LogicmongerPosted 11/25/2012 9:23:30 AM
tzar_666 posted...

whats the crack?

american? english? propper? dont? Take heed of your own advise.
#5last_akiraPosted 11/25/2012 9:32:57 AM
...American english and proper in the same sentence oh lord.
---
"Its like some nightmare version of Mexico: you shouldn't drink the water, trust the locals, or fall asleep outside." - - - Rwildev
#6tzar_666Posted 11/25/2012 9:46:31 AM
why do you use the word crack where its placed?
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#7last_akiraPosted 11/25/2012 11:39:44 AM
In england, the origin of the language in question allows a great deal of words to be interchangable, the general statement he is asking is what is the diffrence, but its phrased in away that expresses he personal styles.
Also, crack and jist are both english substitutes for "deal".
---
"Its like some nightmare version of Mexico: you shouldn't drink the water, trust the locals, or fall asleep outside." - - - Rwildev
#8hellslavePosted 11/25/2012 11:50:21 AM
Logicmonger posted...
tzar_666 posted...

whats the crack?

american? english? propper? dont? Take heed of your own advise.

Or advice, even. :P
---
In a world built on hope and faith, I am the realistic idea. The dream come crashing down.
#9Gnarly_BPosted 11/25/2012 12:02:07 PM
TC, there are several different editions which I believe are simply pre-order bonuses from that specific retailer.

Then there's the Insane Edition which (I believe) is ALL of the retailer-specific DLCs in one bundle.
---
People who want another SW Battlefront: 213
"Gnarly, you are clearly more educated than me" - OblivionScamp. GT: Charlievil
#10bluehat94Posted 11/25/2012 12:05:53 PM
Gnarly_B posted...
TC, there are several different editions which I believe are simply pre-order bonuses from that specific retailer.

Then there's the Insane Edition which (I believe) is ALL of the retailer-specific DLCs in one bundle.

Plus a sweet bobblehead and a cool carrying case.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."