Performance, in truth...

#51Chaos_EvolvedPosted 11/27/2012 11:46:41 AM
MestreRothGF posted...
Yes, it is similar to the bad parts in AC3. The problem is that it feels worse because the game requires much more precision, as it is not a quick time travesty as AC.

Great game and fun nonetheless.

On the bottom line, did you fanboys realize that no one who has played the game said that the frame rate is good?

Yes, yes, but I'm trolololing, yes.

Well A) not many people have played it / you are talking to a board predominantly filled with people who have not and B) when something is good is usually not commented on. For example I don't remember anyone talking about AC3's frame rate - i.e. there was no problem with it. I know that a lot of reviewers did not comment on it, some did - but those that did not I can only assume did not because it wasn't an issue.
#52embittererPosted 11/27/2012 11:53:49 AM
MestreRothGF posted...
Yes, it is similar to the bad parts in AC3. The problem is that it feels worse because the game requires much more precision, as it is not a quick time travesty as AC.

Great game and fun nonetheless.

On the bottom line, did you fanboys realize that no one who has played the game said that the frame rate is good?

Yes, yes, but I'm trolololing, yes.

Usually people don't say technical aspects are good when they aren't noticeable. For instance, reviews typically don't say, the gamer has no screen tearing. Also, no one actually believes you, they believe others.
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
#53embittererPosted 11/27/2012 11:56:10 AM
I would like to know if there has been an update already, because that may fix issues that the game has currently. You know, a day one patch. Is it also possible that the problem is with the pal version?
---
#54MosquitoSmasherPosted 11/27/2012 11:59:31 AM
The thing with this is..that some people actually really just don't see it. I remember talking to people who claimed that GTA IV had a perfect framerate on the consoles, but let's be honest..as great a game it is, the framerate can be disastrous at times. Maybe i'll be fine with the framerate in FC3 on 360 and maybe i'll dislike it. I watched the livevideo on IGN and thought it looked pretty ok really.
#55embittererPosted 11/27/2012 12:02:15 PM
MosquitoSmasher posted...
The thing with this is..that some people actually really just don't see it. I remember talking to people who claimed that GTA IV had a perfect framerate on the consoles, but let's be honest..as great a game it is, the framerate can be disastrous at times. Maybe i'll be fine with the framerate in FC3 on 360 and maybe i'll dislike it. I watched the livevideo on IGN and thought it looked pretty ok really.

Huh, I had no issues with GTA IV's framerate. In fact, i think that was the only part of the game I didn't take issue with.
---
#56xxchosterxxPosted 11/27/2012 12:07:14 PM
TC didn't post is GM, all his arguments are invalid.
#57MestreRothGF(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:43:55 PM
Try the gamertag blindfanboyindenial.
#58Duffy12323Posted 11/27/2012 1:51:00 PM
If its as bad as you say I just might cancel my pre-order and wait for a huge price drop.
#59bluehat94Posted 11/27/2012 1:53:46 PM
Duffy12323 posted...
If its as bad as you say I just might cancel my pre-order and wait for a huge price drop.

Just watch some gameplay videos, they should give you a solid idea, but be aware, the capture cards tend to show way more screen tearing than there actually is.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#60MestreRothGF(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:59:07 PM(edited)
Also be aware that, when we want, we tend to justify every programming fail as a capture card/stream problem.

I will buy it for PS3 as well, to play with two big friends, so I wouldn't recommend canceling preorder, in my case.

The point is not boycott. The game is very nice indeed, but for its design, because technically it is a letdown IMO.