UPLAY Issues?

#1MessiahKnotPosted 11/29/2012 7:46:41 AM
Anybody having problems with Uplay?

I'd never used the feature before, but I can't seem to access it from the main menu of the game. I'm getting an error message. Anyone else get this? I wouldn't normally be bothered, but I know you can unlock some exclusive features when its activated, so I'd like to have it up and running.

Here they are, for people wondering:

10 units - Far Cry 3 Theme: Download a Uplay-exclusive Far Cry 3 Theme for your XBOX 360
20 units - Tattoo Pack: Far Cry 3 Exclusive Tattoos for the Tattoo Editor in Multiplayer
30 units - Revolving Gift: Special "CANNON" Revolver for Single Player
40 units - Exclusive Assignment: Exclusive Single Player mission "Testing Unit"

Basically a reward/achievements system that runs concurrently with the official achievements system.here are the requirements:

10 units - First Blood: Survive in the wilderness and evade pirates
20 units - Needle Exchange: Craft 5 syringes
30 units - Jungle Journal: Unlock 50 entries in the Handbook
40 units - Higher than a Kite: Use your wingsuit to reach the Southern Island

So, anyone having an issue with UPLAY?
#2CyberCerberusPosted 11/29/2012 7:52:34 AM(edited)
Once I initially set it up, putting in the uplay code and linking my gamertag I've only had one issue when I tried the map editor and went back to the main menu to find a similar error message as you.

But I just turned off my xbox and restarted the game and all was working fine. Whilst playing I've unlocked the first two rewards units and a notification has popped up on screen but I have no idea how to actually access the rewards in game :/

Edit: I'm a derp. I've had trouble accessing uplay from the menu, yes. Can't seem to log onto whatever it is and then it just gives me the option to return to the main menu.
---
XBL Gamertag: Gallywag
YOUR JIMMIES ARE MINE.
#3ari01Posted 11/29/2012 7:54:24 AM
Same on my end,it just says: "Welcome to Uplay" followed by some random twitter messages and then: "the server is not available at this time,try again later".
Sometimes it would seem like it was going to connect(whenever i made some specific tasks or missions),but the error would appear again.

I went to the official forum and got a reply saying that due to some servers not being active world wide,specific "keys" have to be sent through the functioning servers to enable it.
---
I love videogames!
#4Perfect LightPosted 11/29/2012 7:55:26 AM
It's the first day of the game being out in Australia. It's understandable that the Uplay servers might not be fully working yet.
---
E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me.
#5caboose84Posted 11/29/2012 8:08:47 AM
I wouldn't know myself, but UPLAY always has some kind of problem and it's always down for some reason. You can access it through any other Ubisoft game, but I doubt it's the game itself. Just wait until later or something.
---
GT:UrNeighborJimmy
"Asking that is like asking why a character pisses themselves in a Metal Gear game" - LordNobunaga
#6lordvader82Posted 12/3/2012 9:53:08 AM
I am getting same issue, trying to use my uplay online pass, unable to login via uPlay, any suggestions?

ari01 posted...
Same on my end,it just says: "Welcome to Uplay" followed by some random twitter messages and then: "the server is not available at this time,try again later".
Sometimes it would seem like it was going to connect(whenever i made some specific tasks or missions),but the error would appear again.

I went to the official forum and got a reply saying that due to some servers not being active world wide,specific "keys" have to be sent through the functioning servers to enable it.
#7snoognz123Posted 12/3/2012 2:58:16 PM
I can't even get into the login, my disk just sits there spinning and I have to eject it to get back to the dashboard. I connect the the Farcry 3 servers fine as my scores update for the challenges. I'm in Australia BTW, but it's been out for nearly a week now.
---
Assumption is the mother of all stuff ups.
#8snoognz123Posted 12/3/2012 10:46:44 PM
I've found I can only connect to uplay when I first start the game not after playing it and exiting to main menu. So I get to login and says servers are down, yay.
---
#9MessiahKnot(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:31:52 PM
Yeah, still getting the issue here too.

Can never get in when trying to connect from the game menu option. I was playing earlier, and the first achievement of theirs popped though. Must have been running in the background. Also am able to check my progress via the Uplay site, and have points.

Strange...
#10snoognz123Posted 12/4/2012 2:59:44 PM
I had my third Uplay achievement pop last night. I can see them on the website too but still can't get to them via the game.
---