Framerate and screen tearing issues.

#1SaintFC_Posted 11/30/2012 12:42:13 AM
I didn't see anything that would cause an issue, I have a fat 250GB 360 and I installed the game to the HD.

Go and buy the game with confidence that you are getting a fantastic game.

Multiple enemies, fire and animals were all happening at the same time, I saw no issues whatsoever.
---
Help Me!
#2wolverine4286Posted 11/30/2012 12:52:34 AM
Yeah, I have been playing since yesterday and have not had any screen tear either, I have it installed so maybe that's why, but the game is stunning and so much fun to play.
---
Shut up Mimsy!
#3NollekePosted 11/30/2012 1:02:25 AM
At what resolution is your xbox running? Maybe some people suffer from tearing because their xbox is running at 1080p, which caused tearing on a couple of games.

slightly off topic; anyone with a reliable comparison between the console versions?
#4SaintFC_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:05:20 AM
Nolleke posted...
At what resolution is your xbox running? Maybe some people suffer from tearing because their xbox is running at 1080p, which caused tearing on a couple of games.

slightly off topic; anyone with a reliable comparison between the console versions?

---
Help Me!
#5CyberCerberusPosted 11/30/2012 1:07:07 AM
The issues with the framerate is that it is just quite low in general. Not a big issue, but it's obvious it's a low framerate. Presumably to stop slowdown due to so much happening on screen the rate is low to begin with. A smart choice really.

I've been playing upwards of 15 hours and haven't once noticed any screen tearing at all, I have the game installed as well. I guess it remedies any issues with tearing.
---
XBL Gamertag: Gallywag
YOUR JIMMIES ARE MINE.
#6PathlessBulletPosted 11/30/2012 1:09:39 AM
This is a common occurrence with most games. Set your 360 to upscale to 720p instead of 1080p.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#7SaintFC_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:13:58 AM
CyberCerberus posted...
it's obvious it's a low framerate. Presumably to stop slowdown

Not obvious to me.
---
Help Me!
#82DshmuploverPosted 11/30/2012 4:46:38 AM(edited)
This is what I hate about topics like this as you will always get people spreading misinformation saying how there is no tearing when there blatantly is. It's only going to lead to people being disappointed.

I've installed the game and played it at 1080p and 720p and they are the same with regards to tearing and frame rate drops, but the game is so great it won't bother you beyond the first hour or so (I'm particularly sensitive to tearing and even I look past it). But I will say the tearing is as bad as I've have ever seen in a game this gen, it's on the same level as Saints Row The Third or Bioshock 2 (with VSync option off) and even the first Resi Evil 6 demo. Just so you know what to expect...

Once the Digital Foundry Face-Off comes out it will confirm this, I am certain it will look terrible on their readings but the truth is during the actual game you don't notice it as you are far too engrossed.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#9SaintFC_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 5:31:38 AM
2Dshmuplover posted...
This is what I hate about topics like this as you will always get people spreading misinformation saying how there is no tearing when there blatantly is. It's only going to lead to people being disappointed.

I've installed the game and played it at 1080p and 720p and they are the same with regards to tearing and frame rate drops, but the game is so great it won't bother you beyond the first hour or so (I'm particularly sensitive to tearing and even I look past it). But I will say the tearing is as bad as I've have ever seen in a game this gen, it's on the same level as Saints Row The Third or Bioshock 2 (with VSync option off) and even the first Resi Evil 6 demo. Just so you know what to expect...

Once the Digital Foundry Face-Off comes out it will confirm this, I am certain it will look terrible on their readings but the truth is during the actual game you don't notice it as you are far too engrossed.

How is it misinformation when I didn't see it?
---
Help Me!
#102DshmuploverPosted 11/30/2012 5:38:12 AM
SaintFC_ posted..
How is it misinformation when I didn't see it?

Because it's not true. I didn't say "disinformation", as in you know there's a problem but are lying about it, I'm sure you're just lucky enough to of not noticed it, but it doesn't mean other people won't. It's nothing personal.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa