I wonder how many gamers would be okay with sacrificing graphics for performance

#1CalistoCoonPosted 11/30/2012 7:23:51 AM
I mean would you rather have a game that runs well and looks like crap or a game that looks great but runs like crap?

I'm not saying this game has performance issues but I've seen lots of complaints about framerate and screentearing, which I can say the framerate thing was noticeable but hardly enough to be a deal breaker.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#2JManGTPosted 11/30/2012 7:31:03 AM
It's a good thing neither the graphics or performance are crap
---
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#3kennyynnooPosted 11/30/2012 7:37:37 AM
Depends on the game, open world I would rather have pretty graphics, linear games need to flow smoothly imo since most of the processing is done within a small space rather then an entire world. But there is nothing wrong with this game, a few perfectionist people expect perfect all the time, most of us can live with a few hiccups.
---
PSN-S30andz32
#4InfestedAdamPosted 11/30/2012 8:56:38 AM
Just to make sure since I'm on the XBox board and not PC but are you referring to gaming in general or specific to consoles? Just asking this because I'm not familiar with the degree that consoles can change in-game performance settings, if any.

If it's gaming in general I figure a balance is usually what some people go with but again it also depends on the game. For example lets look at Fallout New Vegas, I could lower the settings to improve the framerate but at the same time it could mean me not being able to see certain targets or objects until I'm closer since I lowered the distance that they appear.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#5SkytheWiz1Posted 11/30/2012 9:03:42 AM
I still play Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, and Earthbound from SNES because they're fun.

I don't think I'll die if they graphics were toned down a notch for performance sake.
---
Pretend there are awe-inspiring lyrics
or oh-so-hilarious quotations here, please.
#6DDR MidianPosted 11/30/2012 9:09:41 AM
Stable framerate > dropping framerate. I can't speak for the 360 but the PS3 version is stable, so in this case I'm happy with the graphical boost. If it was an issue I'd choose performance. No major tearing for me either.
---
GFAQs - Where anything is grounds for moderation, courtesy of selective wordplay.
XBL: DDR Midian / PSN: MidianGTX