So, out of 10, what does everyone rate the multiplayer?

#11CorporalGiroroPosted 12/1/2012 12:51:00 PM
Eh, 7/10. The mechanics feel a little sluggish, but other than that it's an enjoyable experience. Less frustrating than CoD, faster paced than BF. I've only played 3 matches of TDM, but I've noticed the predator bow is ridiculously OP. OHK anywhere, and it doesn't need to be fully drawn. Just tap RT and the enemy is going down.

I love it.
---
Girogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogiro
GT - SlymR
#12JohnWall32Posted 12/1/2012 1:55:02 PM
I heard the MP is garbage but I haven't played it yet...guess I'll see on Tuesday.
#13drewpot2001Posted 12/1/2012 1:59:17 PM
Match making is iffy, but easily patchable so let's hope they do.

Actual gameplay is amazing. On-par with other FPS titles out there and totally refreshing. If you want a good video example of gameplay, check out these vids:

http://youtu.be/b5xWZDu2850

and

http://youtu.be/f6v0GluOpyo
#14JustArtificialPosted 12/1/2012 3:37:08 PM
Easy 9. The only reason it hasn't got a 10, is because of the matchmaking. Also, the lack of "fun" modes is disappointing. I would have hoped there were an infection mode like in Instincts. However, everything plays well and handles good.

I honestly have no idea why the multiplayer received the bashing it did. And it's pretty impressive, for a minor care addition. You'd kinda hope maybe Treyarch and Infinity Ward would take a leaf out of Ubisoft's book.
#15wishfacePosted 12/2/2012 4:58:17 AM
It's bland.

The problem is the maps. Instead of an editor they should have designed 10 or so maps that worked as online multiplayer maps. People aren't going to download and play random maps anyway. If you search for a match you are going to use the defeault maps, so the only time user created content will work is when people play with friends.

The team support abilities are boring. UAV, gas, explosion. That's it. You can't choose to use a lower cost ability when you have more points. If i can afford a barrel bomb, i can't then choose to send some scouts up and use the rest for the gas.

Weapons recoil and sway too much, it might be realistic, but it's next to impossible to shoot someone unless they are right in front of you. Even firing a few bullets causes the weapon to spin out of control. Again this is because of the map size: the field of vision is too big compared to the size of targets.

the game modes are largely all the same; all 4 of them. Aside from boring old TDM, which you can play in every other game, you have a minor variation on domination.

It just gets boring. The battle cry system is interesting, but they aren't different enough to be interesting, and don't seem to have an appreciable effect. You won't become invincible, so what really is the point? You have to level up for ages to unlock more.

Spawn points are terrible. You spawn nowhere near your team.
#16JustArtificialPosted 12/2/2012 5:43:13 AM
wishface posted...
It's bland.

The problem is the maps. Instead of an editor they should have designed 10 or so maps that worked as online multiplayer maps. People aren't going to download and play random maps anyway. If you search for a match you are going to use the defeault maps, so the only time user created content will work is when people play with friends.

The team support abilities are boring. UAV, gas, explosion. That's it. You can't choose to use a lower cost ability when you have more points. If i can afford a barrel bomb, i can't then choose to send some scouts up and use the rest for the gas.

Weapons recoil and sway too much, it might be realistic, but it's next to impossible to shoot someone unless they are right in front of you. Even firing a few bullets causes the weapon to spin out of control. Again this is because of the map size: the field of vision is too big compared to the size of targets.

the game modes are largely all the same; all 4 of them. Aside from boring old TDM, which you can play in every other game, you have a minor variation on domination.

It just gets boring. The battle cry system is interesting, but they aren't different enough to be interesting, and don't seem to have an appreciable effect. You won't become invincible, so what really is the point? You have to level up for ages to unlock more.

Trolling?

Created maps will be featured into the matchmaking after some time has past. And you really wanna work on a CoD basis? Have 10 maps (pitiful amount), then have DLC later? Since you wanna remove the editor.

There are variations of the abilities, and I never heard anyone complain in CoD when you had to use a harrier before a UAV. Try actually communicating with the team, so you can have a UAV up whilst someone uses gas.

If you aren't killing anyone, you're doing something wrong. People aren't ranking up each match by twiddling their thumbs. AND WOW! Complaining about TOO MUCH field of vision. Bravo! New form of trolling.

The game modes are generic, however aren't they all in shooters? If anything, I thought the entire MP FPS genre had deteriorated to simple Team Deathmatch, since no one plays objectives.

Why would they make Battle Cries a "God Mode"? Could you be a more obvious troll?

How is getting to 70+ any harder/longer than people going up to 75/55 in CoD then prestige for 10 odd times?

Spawn points are based on your captured points or when the enemy ISN'T. There not gonna spawn you next to a teammate that's gonna have their throat slit.

If you don't like the MP fair enough. Just don't spout out utter rubbish.
#17kornbeefncabagePosted 12/6/2012 3:04:10 PM
JustArtificial posted...
wishface posted...
It's bland.

Trolling?

Created maps will be featured into the matchmaking after some time has past. And you really wanna work on a CoD basis? Have 10 maps (pitiful amount), then have DLC later? Since you wanna remove the editor.

There are variations of the abilities, and I never heard anyone complain in CoD when you had to use a harrier before a UAV. Try actually communicating with the team, so you can have a UAV up whilst someone uses gas.

If you aren't killing anyone, you're doing something wrong. People aren't ranking up each match by twiddling their thumbs. AND WOW! Complaining about TOO MUCH field of vision. Bravo! New form of trolling.

The game modes are generic, however aren't they all in shooters? If anything, I thought the entire MP FPS genre had deteriorated to simple Team Deathmatch, since no one plays objectives.

Why would they make Battle Cries a "God Mode"? Could you be a more obvious troll?

How is getting to 70+ any harder/longer than people going up to 75/55 in CoD then prestige for 10 odd times?

Spawn points are based on your captured points or when the enemy ISN'T. There not gonna spawn you next to a teammate that's gonna have their throat slit.

If you don't like the MP fair enough. Just don't spout out utter rubbish.

You're an incredible moron. The multi is garbage. From the ui to the maps to the cod gameplay which fails to be SS good as cods. You have less weapons,less abilities,less mods, less kill streaks. None of which are really unique or entertaining. Hell I played a match last night and realised I couldn't stand from a crouching position on stairs PR in certain structures. I had to leave so that I could stand again. The weapons recoil far too much. Unrealistically too much. A gun with a stock will kick sure but not this much. Where you can hardly place shot on targets that are in the distance. This is because the maps are too large as well.
---
GT: GUINESSGUY84
#18TheYurpmanPosted 12/6/2012 3:13:19 PM
There's no way the multiplayer is a 9 out of 10 (or even higher). I'd give it a 7 at best. There's other games that do that exact same thing Far Cry is attempting to do, except much better.

If you give this a 9 then you should really try out some other games. You'd be blown away.
---
BURRRR
#19Super_TomPosted 12/6/2012 3:16:35 PM
PVP MP = 1/10. I can't even get connected to a lobby. Useless.
Co Op = 6/10. A bit disappointed. I was hoping for a more open world feel to it. And all stealth elements seem to have been removed for some bizarre reason. Still, it's ok I guess.
---
()
#20bluehat94Posted 12/6/2012 3:20:34 PM
The MP in it's current state gets a solid 7.5 from me, if the fix the matchmaking issues and clean up the custom map stuff, it'll probably be between an 8 and a 9.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."