takedown the heavy armor? and liberate undetected on 2nd island?

#1vesper8Posted 12/3/2012 12:05:22 AM
Hi all,

So I kinda screwed up.. I finished all the camps on the first island and I only got one "undetected" So now I'd like to get the "ninja step" perk but I have to liberate a camp undetected and every camp on the 2nd island has those big machine gun defenders that seem to be impossible to take down without being detected. Takedowns don't work on those guys correct? I can never get the prompt.

Is there any trick to beating a camp undetected if it has these guys?
#2SaffronGhostPosted 12/3/2012 12:09:11 AM
There's a perk to take them down.
---
So many failures.
#3pyrox39Posted 12/3/2012 12:09:46 AM
A final shark tree skill lets you take em down. Could either sneak in and disable the alarms, then shoot everyone with silenced weapons, or wait for that skill.
#4billi0nairePosted 12/3/2012 1:07:44 AM
I think you can knife them and they will die instantly. I only did it once and had some bullets into him already so not sure.
---
When this site started it was simply about gamecheats. Look what its now...
#5SaffronGhostPosted 12/3/2012 1:36:44 AM
billi0naire posted...
I think you can knife them and they will die instantly. I only did it once and had some bullets into him already so not sure.

lol.....
---
So many failures.
#6SunricerPosted 12/3/2012 1:48:11 AM
A sniper shot from the 3rd sniper kills them easily and it can be attached with a silencer to remain undetected. ^_^
---
http://oi47.tinypic.com/ofbvav.jpg
#7ross_gumbrellPosted 12/3/2012 2:30:38 AM
Silenced Z93 to the head - down
#8crunchb3rryPosted 12/7/2012 6:41:27 PM
I think they might have weak spots. I took one down with a single normal arrow. But if that's even true, it's just not practical. I'd do story missions until you can get that heavy takedown skill. It seems once you take too many bases, they start throwing the heavy into all of them.

So, to experiment, I'd not take EVERY base. Skip over some. If you have two that are too close where fast travel is not extremely necessary, just take one base and leave the other alone. Another bonus to this is you'll keep enemies in the game world to fight when you need to go for stuff like the 50 flamethrower kills or the "kill 4 with one explosive" achievements.

I could be wrong though. Once you have to go to Badtown, it might just trigger those heavies to spawn anyway, that it might not even relate to how many bases you captured.