Anyone ever had luck getting a game at midnight from Walmart?

#1Squall954Posted 12/3/2012 7:07:57 PM
Because it seems every time I try, the employees are ill-informed and/or lazy. However, no place around me is doing a midnight release, so it seems Walmart is, unfortunately, the only option.
---
THE ONLY KICKSTARTER YOU SHOULD GIVE A DAMN ABOUT.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/w21/super-techno-kitten-adventure
#2A_Hairy_WafflePosted 12/3/2012 7:11:01 PM
They'll have it. Make them get it and earn their pay.
#3CreepyEPosted 12/3/2012 7:23:54 PM
I just happened to be shopping at midnight on 11/11/11 and they paged "Everybody that would like a copy of Skyrim please come to electronics" over the intercom. Plus odds are it's been sitting in back for a week or more, I'm sure they'll have it.
#4keeba23Posted 12/3/2012 7:27:47 PM
I got Homefront at walmart at midnight.........very poor decision making on my part........
---
When god hand's you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD!
#5mudelledgePosted 12/3/2012 7:32:08 PM
Same here TC, I've got 3 midnight games there with a hole employees....

You honestly have to be firm with them and don't be afraid to ask to see a manager..

One dude said they had it but "couldn't" get it from the back ,rudely mind you....so I walked away and saw the bastard immediately take out his cell and start to text...

Came back and asked for his manager. He told his employee to go in the back and get it...wasted 20 minutes of my time finding it (well worth the wait)

It was good to see a lazy ass do his job for once. I'm usually passive btw
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks
#6joeypuiaPosted 12/3/2012 7:34:18 PM
I've gotten at least 5 games at midnight from my 24hr Wally World. I must be lucky, there's a nice lady that worked 3rd shift and was more than happy to help me get a game from the back rather than stock the cd shelves lol.
#7JenniferTatePosted 12/3/2012 9:12:03 PM
All the time with games or DVDs. The electronics people are usually pretty happy to not have to shelve it.
---
I don't take the orders from the war room anymore
This is one recruit who surrenders
#8whiteboygenePosted 12/3/2012 9:23:08 PM
I do it all the time, TC. There's a Wal-Mart 200 yards away from my Gamestop, I've driven by the massive lines a couple times, holding a copy of the game people are waiting on out the window, several minutes, sometimes hours before they get theirs, and I shout "Always low prices!"

jk about the second part
---
Chairman of the Correct Opinion Board.
"Your still a psychopath Whiteboygene" -Offworlder1
#9aiwazPosted 12/3/2012 9:23:33 PM
Good thing buying a game at midnight from Walmart doesn't help keep Walmart and its infamously lobotomized 'employees' in business.

wait....oh, sh--