How do I make a cave\tunnel?

#1butsizzlePosted 12/4/2012 5:16:13 PM
I just want to make an underground tunnel that leads from one side of my map to the other. How do I do that?
---
"Did you just say that you respect pedophiles?" - butsizzle
"Hell yeah." - _Sawyer
#2chimpe2121Posted 12/4/2012 5:28:23 PM
Lots of grenades and c4... lots
---
RIP Companion Cube - Best of Friends Forever
#3PearsNwhiskeyPosted 12/4/2012 5:29:37 PM
o rly?
---
I've been on TV more than 100 times, so of course I'm right. - Jack Thompson
#4butsizzle(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:11:13 AM(edited)
Damn, I thought making caves was a feature in this game...?

---
"Hell yeah." - _Sawyer
#5gOwCoD4Posted 12/5/2012 7:17:52 AM
Go into 'terrain', then go into 'advanced' and use the 'hole' tool.

Pretty much just makes a hole in the world, so you need to add in all the tunnel bits yourself. But it's really fun to play around with. I've made a few underground maps myself, they're awesome.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#6butsizzle(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:09:10 AM(edited)
Quote:Go into 'terrain', then go into 'advanced' and use the 'hole' tool.

Pretty much just makes a hole in the world, so you need to add in all the tunnel bits yourself. But it's really fun to play around with. I've made a few underground maps myself, they're awesome.

@gOwCoD4

Oh ok, thanks for the help... One question though. How did you make your tunnel? Just line to hole with rocks or is there an actual cave rock set?

And how can I download your map?
---
"Hell yeah." - _Sawyer
#7GateCaptainPosted 12/5/2012 10:21:09 AM
Joke topic or can you really dig? Cause im a HUGE red-faction 1 fan. Where you could tunnel from your side of the map to the baddies and do a sneak attack :)
#8whiteboygenePosted 12/5/2012 10:24:28 AM
GateCaptain posted...
Joke topic or can you really dig? Cause im a HUGE red-faction 1 fan. Where you could tunnel from your side of the map to the baddies and do a sneak attack :)

I thought it was obvious TC was talking about the map editor... ?
---
Chairman of the Correct Opinion Board.
"Your still a psychopath Whiteboygene" -Offworlder1
#9butsizzle(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:25:30 AM
You can make caves and tunnels... But I've yet to see how it's done. I'm going to try the "hole" method (giggity) when I get home.

I'll update later and let you know how sh***y it looks.
---
"Hell yeah." - _Sawyer
#10Ehw1Posted 12/5/2012 11:12:20 AM
Raise up the ground then go to advance terrain tools to use the hole. It's kind of confusing because when you make a bump or raise the ground you're not adding on top of the ground level, you are moving the bottom base of the map higher.

When you create the hole it will take you under the map. Think of it as a piece of fabric. When flat and you cut a hole straight down there is nothing underneath. A bump is like putting a tent pole under the fabric. It raises it up but doesn't create a thick layer of fabric underneath the bump.

To make a cave you can make a bump, cut a whole the right size to add a multiple "cave" items going through or
Put the cave items on flat ground and add rocks or other terrain items around and on top of it to make it larger.
---
I am from Beyond. Slay your enemies and all you desire shall be yours.