sharks always on the surface?

#1desperado707Posted 12/4/2012 5:22:16 PM
soooo has anybody ran into a shark thats fin wasnt completely showing? bcus it kind of takes away from the surprise of danger when going into the water if you already see where that beast is.. watched plenty of shark week to know thats not how great whites are supposed to act!! really feel like komodo dragons are scarier.
#2SaffronGhostPosted 12/4/2012 5:23:39 PM
They're not great whites. Not even close.

Well played.
---
So many failures.
#3atomsteelePosted 12/4/2012 5:30:10 PM
I had a bull shark almost swim up on the beach and I didn't see the fin until it was forced out of the water. I was standing on a rock with my feet just in the water. I believe the wiki lists great whites as well.
#4desperado707(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 5:43:39 PM
lucky you were on a rock, no QTE could have saved you there lol but i know some sharks come close to beaches, i just dont understand why in this game they have the sharks so close to the surface in the deep zones.

i was really hoping i would be stranded out in the ocean, fearing for my life, because at any minute a shark was gonna bite my leg and drag me down... but unfortunately i can see that overgrown tuna charging straight at me everytime.

but hey.. still an amazing game none the less.
#5SaffronGhostPosted 12/4/2012 6:26:05 PM
Tuna can EASILY be over 1,000lbs.
---
So many failures.
#6desperado707(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 6:30:45 PM
which could EASILY make 4,000 sandwichs.
#7atomsteelePosted 12/4/2012 6:30:55 PM
Yeah. Tuna dont eat people tho. Like I said...I believe the wiki lists a great white. The comment is something like "you have no chance."
#8rush86Posted 12/4/2012 6:32:26 PM
desperado707 posted...
lucky you were on a rock, no QTE could have saved you there lol but i know some sharks come close to beaches, i just dont understand why in this game they have the sharks so close to the surface in the deep zones.

i was really hoping i would be stranded out in the ocean, fearing for my life, because at any minute a shark was gonna bite my leg and drag me down... but unfortunately i can see that overgrown tuna charging straight at me everytime.

but hey.. still an amazing game none the less.

Go and swim in the middle of the ocean. And i guarantee u, u wont see every shark coming at u. And one might pop up out of nowhere and scare the crap outta u
#9desperado707(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 6:35:14 PM
atomsteele posted...
Yeah. Tuna dont eat people tho. Like I said...I believe the wiki lists a great white. The comment is something like "you have no chance."

exactly! and far cry 3 lists em as great whites in the game too, whatever.. guess im gonna have to play steve irwin with the stingrays for a lil ocean excitement.
#10atomsteelePosted 12/4/2012 6:36:05 PM
I just double checked and it's listed with an in game menu shot. It says "...you have no chance....&....a really nasty piece of work." Just an idea...maybe it only shows up if you try to swim past the map boundary? I can't check right now, but it says it can be found off both islands.