If not this for GOTY then what?

#1callitkarma13Posted 12/4/2012 9:06:20 PM
To my mind nothing this year has come out that's been as enjoyable as this has. Dishonored is a close second but it's far too short. Hitman was disappointing as hell (to the extent that playing Dishonored in a certain way felt more like a hitman game than hitman did) and AC3/COD35/Halo4 were all very predictable and just meh.

Your opinions?
---
Innuendo? More like in-HER-end-though
#2Zmapper33Posted 12/4/2012 9:08:27 PM
Well my GOTY came out of no where as I wasn't looking forward to it or anything and didn't expect much out of it before trying it, but it has to be Planetside 2.
---
Good Site for PC games: http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=feridobu
#3PunchDucePosted 12/4/2012 9:09:27 PM
Borderlands 2 never gets mentioned for some reason. Outside of the BA rank bug and graveyard glitch that deletes your character (which had been fixed), it is a strong contender.
---
"No greater friend, no worse enemy" - Commando Man
FC(Wii): 437491446202
#4callitkarma13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 9:11:28 PM
Well my GOTY came out of no where as I wasn't looking forward to it or anything and didn't expect much out of it before trying it, but it has to be Planetside 2.

I've not played Planetside, It's on the list though. Tbh, Far Cry 3 was a suprise GOTY for me, I played it at eurogamer and couldn't believe how much fun I was having compared to FC2... That and Prison Architect occupied 90% of my time there.

Borderlands 2 never gets mentioned for some reason. Outside of the BA rank bug and graveyard glitch that deletes your character (which had been fixed), it is a strong contender.

I'm REALLY not into borderlands personally, I know a lot of people are though so I expect it to be in contention.
---
#5SunDevil77Posted 12/4/2012 9:15:54 PM
There are tons of possibilities for GOTY.

Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Mass Effect 3, Halo 4, The Walking Dead, Borderlands 2, Assassins Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2...etc, etc.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#6CyberCerberusPosted 12/4/2012 9:21:27 PM
For me it's a toss up between this, Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2, and Journey for PS3 which I played through on my girlfriend's console and wept like an abused child.
---
XBL Gamertag: Gallywag
YOUR JIMMIES ARE MINE.
#7Chaos_EvolvedPosted 12/4/2012 9:23:15 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Mass Effect 3, Halo 4, The Walking Dead, Borderlands 2, Assassins Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2...etc, etc.

Pretty sure Halo 4 won't even get a nominee given the list.
#8SunDevil77Posted 12/4/2012 9:24:13 PM
Chaos_Evolved posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

What "list" every website and their mother has a GOTY award.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#9Chaos_EvolvedPosted 12/4/2012 9:27:47 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Chaos_Evolved posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

What "list" every website and their mother has a GOTY award.

Fair point. Though I was referring to the more renowned sites
#10callitkarma13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 9:28:05 PM

Reading a review on it now. I'm buying this tomorrow.
---