Great game, but the framerate is killing my eyes

#1Governator00Posted 12/4/2012 10:03:10 PM
Ughh...I love the crap out of the game but it literally hurts my eyes to play it. I installed it to the Xbox too. Is there any news about a patch or something?
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.
#2PennState0411Posted 12/4/2012 10:09:41 PM
You honestly must have a pc where you play games because I can honestly say I have not noticed a drop in framerate. I have seen some screen tearing but nothing so far that has hindered my experience. I promise you, at least in my view, this game runs as well as every other console game I have played
---
Xbox Live: ButtcheeksMagoo
PSN: ButtcheeksMagoo
#3Governator00(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 10:11:15 PM
Maybe it's because I'm used to playing Call of Duty currently. I dunno, I guess different people's eyes react differently.
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.
#4CyberCerberusPosted 12/4/2012 10:14:39 PM
Governator00 posted...
Maybe it's because I'm used to playing Call of Duty currently. I dunno, I guess different people's eyes react differently.

It's because this game looks amazing and due to the xbox's graphical constrictions needs a much slower framerate to compensate. However, COD on xbox looks like utter s*** with the most basic graphics and can therefore support a higher framerate.

If you saw this game on a high end computer like my mate has, you'd be blown away with how smooth it runs, but how utterly perfect it looks.
---
XBL Gamertag: Gallywag
YOUR JIMMIES ARE MINE.
#5PennState0411Posted 12/4/2012 10:15:25 PM
Maybe man, i'm just saying that I have only had a ps3 and 360 for about 3 years and I haven't noticed anything that really breaks the game. I do see some screen tearing but as far as the fps goes, I haven't noticed it.
---
Xbox Live: ButtcheeksMagoo
PSN: ButtcheeksMagoo
#6The Next LevelPosted 12/6/2012 8:14:31 AM
I feel the same way. Depending on the game I can usually deal with a sub-par framerate, but this is pretty ridiculous... After a couple hours of play it became easier to stomach, but it mostly just gives me a headache... It literally hurts my eyes.

This is really unfortunate. I want so badly to love this game (and I do, but I need to be playing it on PC).
---
3V3T2
#7IronMonkey008Posted 12/6/2012 8:23:34 AM
I had a similar problem with Dragon Age Origins on the 360. Every time I play it for a bit my eyes would hurt and would get headaches, was the only game that did that. Had to trade the game in, but eventually got it again when I bought a gaming PC and never had that problem on PC.
---
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008
#8Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 12/6/2012 8:28:54 AM
I installed the game to the HD and dropped my XBox to 720p. It seems to flow much better with minimal tears / drops.

Doesn't fix the NPC heavy areas like the main village, but everything else seems nice and flowy.
#9Crib_LizardPosted 12/6/2012 8:51:33 AM
I have had the same experience playing as well. The screen tear is bad so much so that when you are turning around you see a "line" scroll up and down in the trees/sky. I'll try installing it, but after coming from Halo 4, this is not that smooth.
---
Lando is not a system....He's a man.
#10Crib_LizardPosted 12/6/2012 9:42:23 AM
Went to Ubi's forums, and there seems to be 50/50 on ppl getting a low framerate/tearing and ppl who says their copy is fine. Not sure if this issue is patchable or not, but it is hard to play after a while.
---
Lando is not a system....He's a man.