Great game, but the framerate is killing my eyes

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. Great game, but the framerate is killing my eyes
2 years ago#1
Ughh...I love the crap out of the game but it literally hurts my eyes to play it. I installed it to the Xbox too. Is there any news about a patch or something?
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.
2 years ago#2
You honestly must have a pc where you play games because I can honestly say I have not noticed a drop in framerate. I have seen some screen tearing but nothing so far that has hindered my experience. I promise you, at least in my view, this game runs as well as every other console game I have played
---
Xbox Live: ButtcheeksMagoo
PSN: ButtcheeksMagoo
2 years ago#3
Maybe it's because I'm used to playing Call of Duty currently. I dunno, I guess different people's eyes react differently.
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.
2 years ago#4
Governator00 posted...
Maybe it's because I'm used to playing Call of Duty currently. I dunno, I guess different people's eyes react differently.

It's because this game looks amazing and due to the xbox's graphical constrictions needs a much slower framerate to compensate. However, COD on xbox looks like utter s*** with the most basic graphics and can therefore support a higher framerate.

If you saw this game on a high end computer like my mate has, you'd be blown away with how smooth it runs, but how utterly perfect it looks.
---
XBL Gamertag: Gallywag
YOUR JIMMIES ARE MINE.
2 years ago#5
Maybe man, i'm just saying that I have only had a ps3 and 360 for about 3 years and I haven't noticed anything that really breaks the game. I do see some screen tearing but as far as the fps goes, I haven't noticed it.
---
Xbox Live: ButtcheeksMagoo
PSN: ButtcheeksMagoo
2 years ago#6
I feel the same way. Depending on the game I can usually deal with a sub-par framerate, but this is pretty ridiculous... After a couple hours of play it became easier to stomach, but it mostly just gives me a headache... It literally hurts my eyes.

This is really unfortunate. I want so badly to love this game (and I do, but I need to be playing it on PC).
---
3V3T2
2 years ago#7
I had a similar problem with Dragon Age Origins on the 360. Every time I play it for a bit my eyes would hurt and would get headaches, was the only game that did that. Had to trade the game in, but eventually got it again when I bought a gaming PC and never had that problem on PC.
---
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008
2 years ago#8
I installed the game to the HD and dropped my XBox to 720p. It seems to flow much better with minimal tears / drops.

Doesn't fix the NPC heavy areas like the main village, but everything else seems nice and flowy.
2 years ago#9
I have had the same experience playing as well. The screen tear is bad so much so that when you are turning around you see a "line" scroll up and down in the trees/sky. I'll try installing it, but after coming from Halo 4, this is not that smooth.
---
Lando is not a system....He's a man.
2 years ago#10
Went to Ubi's forums, and there seems to be 50/50 on ppl getting a low framerate/tearing and ppl who says their copy is fine. Not sure if this issue is patchable or not, but it is hard to play after a while.
---
Lando is not a system....He's a man.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. Great game, but the framerate is killing my eyes

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Need helpAlxCj15/20 6:06PM