Is the aim smooth or slow and clunky?

#21tisukoPosted 12/5/2012 11:01:11 AM
I think the aiming is better in this than in FC2. In this one, I can actually hit the enemies without aiming all over the place first.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
PSN: tisuko GT: k0tet5u
#22Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 12/5/2012 11:04:27 AM
Jesus_2K4 posted...
The aiming felt cluncky to me until I remembered to turn off the aim assist. After that it was pretty fluid for me.
#23Hedorian(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:05:06 AM
whiteboygene posted...
Your gun doesn't "sway" as smoothly when you move and aim as it does in CoD, on the contrast, you actually have to hit your enemy with bullets, instead of just hosing their legs and arms down with hitmarkers from across the map. I'm not knocking the game at all, but the people telling you it's as smooth as CoD are straight up lying to your face. The aiming is fine, it works, but it's definitely not the smoothest.

Well to be fair I have seen you doing lots of complaining. More so than most of the other FC3 boards regulars.
---
Gamefaqs: Where gamers are hostile towards each other
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360)
#24VlayerPosted 12/5/2012 11:06:36 AM
The aiming is smooth. It may be because of the aim assist though, but I really like it.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#25whiteboygenePosted 12/5/2012 1:47:47 PM
Hedorian posted...
whiteboygene posted...
Your gun doesn't "sway" as smoothly when you move and aim as it does in CoD, on the contrast, you actually have to hit your enemy with bullets, instead of just hosing their legs and arms down with hitmarkers from across the map. I'm not knocking the game at all, but the people telling you it's as smooth as CoD are straight up lying to your face. The aiming is fine, it works, but it's definitely not the smoothest.

Well to be fair I have seen you doing lots of complaining. More so than most of the other FC3 boards regulars.

Am I not allowed to make small complaints about the game I purchased, or should we all just blindly praise everything about Far Cry 3 and lie to people because it's a lot of fun and got good reviews?
---
Chairman of the Correct Opinion Board.
"Your still a psychopath Whiteboygene" -Offworlder1
#26RandomTrampPosted 12/5/2012 2:35:25 PM
whiteboygene posted...
I disagree, to me the shooting feels closer to Far Cry 2 or Battlefield 3.

Very much like BF3 or maybe Metro 2033... slightly sluggish and spongy. Aiming doesn't have the crispness of CoD and guns don't have quite the punchy feel either.
Still a great game though.
#27inblackest73Posted 12/5/2012 4:26:20 PM
Dont know what these clunky people are on about, it's not clunky at all, just fix the sensitivity?
#28vigorm0rtisPosted 12/5/2012 4:31:31 PM
whiteboygene posted...
Your gun doesn't "sway" as smoothly when you move and aim as it does in CoD, .

You realize it's not supposed to, right? If you want smooth aim in ADS you have to hold down LS, like snipers in CoD.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#29SykostuffPosted 12/5/2012 4:34:35 PM
whiteboygene posted...
ross_gumbrell posted...
crank the sensitivity to 25 and its like COD with a slightly slower ADS time.

Don't listen to this man. The aiming is as clunky as it was in the second game, it's one of the only things they didn't really improve on.

Rest assured, nearly everything else has been improved, just not that.

Its no where near the broken aiming of FC2. It's not COD smooth, but much better then 2.
---
Religion is the single most destructive creation of the human race.
#30Hedorian(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 5:26:11 PM
whiteboygene posted...
Hedorian posted...
whiteboygene posted...

Am I not allowed to make small complaints about the game I purchased, or should we all just blindly praise everything about Far Cry 3 and lie to people because it's a lot of fun and got good reviews?

Sure but its possible it could be your skill as a player or maybe youre exaggerating a bit? A game that everyone collectively says is almost perfect that you keep complaining about nonstop just says a lot to me.
---
Gamefaqs: Where gamers are hostile towards each other
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360)