Never played a Far Cry game. Why do you like it?

#1Faust_8Posted 12/5/2012 10:51:28 AM
I'm so disappointed in Black Ops 2 that I'm interested in a new game to occupy my time. (Halo 4 is great and all but that's most fun with friends, I want something I can enjoy when they're not around).

I did enjoy Skyrim for a while, so if this game offers that kind of freedom and expansive world with lots of things to do...WITH GUNS...that should be pretty freaking rad.

So what do you guys think of past Far Cry games? What did you most enjoy about them? And what excites you most about this game?
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#2lastfirstbornPosted 12/5/2012 11:08:52 AM(edited)
I gotta say this one is a bit different than the old games (and better in so many ways). But something I liked back in the day about them...vehicles, more of an open feel, that kind of thing. But yeah, this one is all about open world (and vehicles) and way, way more. You'll find a lot to occupy your time in both single and multi play. Check out the eight minute preview video, on their site or youtube or whatever. It's also on top of the Live Dashboard right now.

Edit - I am reading a lot of people are really disappointed in the fire though. I haven't experimented with it a ton but I do remember in 2 starting fires to distract enemy bases was fun. I think I need to play more lol, but overall I think you'll still find a great time in this game.
---
Don't smile much. Don't smile ever. But if I did, this would be it. -The Punisher
Anonymity breeds stupidity.
#3zelos736Posted 12/5/2012 12:20:54 PM
lastfirstborn posted...
I gotta say this one is a bit different than the old games (and better in so many ways). But something I liked back in the day about them...vehicles, more of an open feel, that kind of thing. But yeah, this one is all about open world (and vehicles) and way, way more. You'll find a lot to occupy your time in both single and multi play. Check out the eight minute preview video, on their site or youtube or whatever. It's also on top of the Live Dashboard right now.

Edit - I am reading a lot of people are really disappointed in the fire though. I haven't experimented with it a ton but I do remember in 2 starting fires to distract enemy bases was fun. I think I need to play more lol, but overall I think you'll still find a great time in this game.

I had 2 pretty rad encounters with fire. Not sure why people are complaining.

First one, I was on a jet ski (it was pretty damaged) and so I rode it up onto the beach of a small island out in the water. No more than a few seconds after I got off, it exploded, catching the nearby brush on fire. Which then quickly engulfed the whole island. Forcing me into shark infested waters where I then proceeded to get mauled by a bull shark.

Second, I was clearing an outpost. Was trying to be stealthy, but got spotted by a sniper. Instead of shooting me though, he pulls out a molotov cocktail, but I shoot it out of his hand. Igniting the wooden building/walkway he was on and then spreading through out the entire outpost, killing the rest of the pirates. Easiest clearing of an outpost I ever did lol.
#4Skizot_BizotPosted 12/5/2012 12:38:09 PM
I have seen literally 12 different people on 3 different message boards use 'rad' today.

Is the 1980's invading again?
---
Xbox GT - Skizot Bizot
#5atomsteelePosted 12/5/2012 12:38:54 PM
The fire is amazing. It is effected by terrain and it makes sense it. The jungle is lush and wet and doesn't burn like a flat windswept dry African plain. I think people are disappointed that they can't burn down three square miles like in FC2.
#6AuraOfSoulsPosted 12/5/2012 12:44:41 PM
Skizot_Bizot posted...
I have seen literally 12 different people on 3 different message boards use 'rad' today.

There has to be a way to stop this...
#7zelos736Posted 12/5/2012 1:30:47 PM
Skizot_Bizot posted...

Whats wrong with rad? I use a range of bodacious vocabulary bro. Stop being such an airhead! This situation is totally bogus :(
#8fffezPosted 12/5/2012 1:44:10 PM
it mixes the things I like about rdr and dead island
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEsPhTbJhuo
#9Laylow12Posted 12/5/2012 1:47:09 PM
zelos736 posted...
Skizot_Bizot posted...

Whats wrong with rad? I use a range of bodacious vocabulary bro. Stop being such an airhead! This situation is totally bogus :(

Gag me with a spoon dude.
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin