They ruined the Fire in this game.

#1brentsonierPosted 12/5/2012 9:54:13 AM
I get that a jungle won't burn as well as stuff in a dry desert like in Far Cry 2. but its just not nearly as cool. it even looks worse than it did in the 2nd game. anyone else disappointed with the fire in this game?
#2ross_gumbrellPosted 12/5/2012 9:55:56 AM
In all honesty, yes i am a little.
Also, could have sworn you could see which way the wind was blowing in FC2 and set an area on fire as part of your strategy. Just seems completely random now.
#3Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 12/5/2012 9:56:33 AM
I was, until I threw a molotov in a shack full of baddies. Lit the entire shack up, plus all the surrounding vegetation.

I do miss brush fires, but I understand why there can't be.
#4Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 12/5/2012 9:58:30 AM
I'm more butthurt over the flare. I miss the parachute, the fact that it can light up the night, and that it has a secondary explosion. This flare is pisspoor, and not even worth the slot if you got molotovs.
#5Ehw1Posted 12/5/2012 9:59:51 AM
The fire was my favorite part in FC2 and had so much fun taking out whole bases with just that but after using Molotov cocktails a few times I have no more interest in using it here.

Still early in the game so I'm hoping that I'm just missing something or more "flammable" areas open up.
---
I am from Beyond. Slay your enemies and all you desire shall be yours.
#6tisukoPosted 12/5/2012 10:00:18 AM
I'm more butthurt over the flare. I miss the parachute, the fact that it can light up the night, and that it has a secondary explosion. This flare is pisspoor, and not even worth the slot if you got molotovs.

Yep. I was messing around with the flare, and was disappointed with it. Quickly got rid of it.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
PSN: tisuko GT: k0tet5u
#7brentsonier(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:07:55 AM
And what about the Lanterns. Remember in FC2 when you would shoot a lantern and it would blow up and set stuff around it on fire. agh how i miss that. that was the first thing i tried when i got a gun and was heartbroken to see it still there after i shot it.
#8Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 12/5/2012 10:10:12 AM
Barrels, too. Unless I'm mistaken, I haven't seen an exploding barrel yet.

Love this game to death, but the fire element is certainly my biggest gripe as well. Who cares about screen tearing and low FPS. I want to burn pirates like the plague that they are!
#9CarpetfluffPosted 12/5/2012 10:19:00 AM
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...

Love this game to death, but the fire element is certainly my biggest gripe as well. Who cares about screen tearing and low FPS. I want to burn pirates like the plague that they are!

There's truckloads of exploding barrels, but mostly in story mission areas.
#10Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 12/5/2012 10:22:44 AM
Carpetfluff posted...
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...

There's truckloads of exploding barrels, but mostly in story mission areas.

Ah, thankeesai. I still haven't done the mushroom mission yet, so that may explain my ignorance.