Open World games are overrated...

#11gOwCoD4Posted 12/5/2012 4:30:14 PM
Blogfaqs.com
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#12SunDevil77Posted 12/5/2012 4:30:20 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Just getting annoyed with people praising games because "there is so much to do" when much of that stuff is just boring filler.

Ok.

Thanks.

I'm giving you the only reply your topic deserves.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#13haku_okaiPosted 12/5/2012 4:33:23 PM
When you actually have skill at playing a game, any linear storyline becomes extremely boring. They all boil down to some madlib NOBODY CAN DO IT BUT YOU BUT YOU NEED ThE hELP OF KEY PEOPLE TO OPEN DOORS AND DO MUNDANE TASKS.
#14Mr_TotebagPosted 12/5/2012 4:34:30 PM
..hence the repetitive side missions like capturing towers to open the map(stolen from AC)

Ubisoft made both of these games, I don't think it counts as stealing lol.
#15RusticGamerPosted 12/5/2012 4:41:25 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Just getting annoyed with people praising games because "there is so much to do" when much of that stuff is just boring filler.

Ok.

Thanks.

I'm giving you the only reply your topic deserves.

Because he's the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it.
---
"Not even death can save you from me."
#16DarquePosted 12/5/2012 4:41:29 PM
gOwCoD4 posted...
Blogfaqs.com

---
Jill Valentine > You
#17StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 4:44:17 PM
Ghengi5Tr0n posted...
TC ran out of adderal. His ADHD is too much for sandbox games.

Wrong. I have enjoyed sandbox games like Infamous, Deus Ex: HR and Borderlands 1 & 2. I just think having a bunch of boring things to do doesn't make a game better than a more straightforward game.
#18SunDevil77Posted 12/5/2012 4:44:55 PM
Ghengi5Tr0n posted...

Wrong. I have enjoyed sandbox games like Infamous, Deus Ex: HR and Borderlands 1 & 2. I just think having a bunch of boring things to do doesn't make a game better than a more straightforward game.

So, have you played FC3?
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#19gOwCoD4Posted 12/5/2012 4:46:39 PM
Ghengi5Tr0n posted...

Out of all those games you listed, only one is truly open world, and that's inFamous. The others are just linear progressions with hub locations (Borderlands could be considered an open-world game, but I really don't think of it that way, especially when that open world is cut off by loading screens every five minutes).
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#20HedorianPosted 12/5/2012 4:47:49 PM
SunDevil has several terrible posts littered across the entire of Gamefaqs. I wouldn't worry about it. I agree TC open world games can be overrated but you sound like you're pretty boring. Open World games are awesome because of the complexity of the world and the chaotic randomness that can happen at any moment.
---
Gamefaqs: Where gamers are hostile towards each other
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360)