Open World games are overrated...

#51StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:17:08 PM
sethharris1191 posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
Just getting annoyed with people praising games because "there is so much to do" when much of that stuff is just boring filler.

go back to replaying COD campaigns then. Repeat the same 4-5 hours with everything scripted. see how boring that gets. Enjoy the invisible walls and NPCs always blocking you and telling you to "FOLLOW". or "USE"

I replay the same linear games over and over again, and I don't get bored. That said, I do enjoy some open games, as well. I do think that TC's arguments are all over the place, though. He says that side quests are boring, but lists Infamous (which is like 90% side quests) as one of the great open games. TC, get your thoughts together, type them in a coherent manner, and then delete your message instead of posting it here. Whatever insignificant point you're trying to make isn't worth anyone's time to try to decipher your half-baked excuse for a train of thought.

I never said I didn't like any open world games. I said many are overrated because boring stuff you can do in them. Infamous had ton of missions that I thought were boring. It is part of the grinding I hate about those types of games. Overall I can enjoy. They have no replay value at all to me though.
#52StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:19:12 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
I disagree, as the production value part isn't necessarily true at all, graphics are 99.9999% irrelevant, and story's in video games aren't good enough to care about in most video games plus open world games are better suited to decision based/player controlled stories.

Graphics are very relevant to me.They don't have to be amazing all the time, but if a game looks half-assed with a bunch texture pop-in, screen tearing and framerate drops it will be a huge negative.
#53SunDevil77Posted 12/5/2012 9:23:41 PM
Just curious, did you ever play Red Dead Redemption?
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#54okazenPosted 12/5/2012 9:26:19 PM
Yep cause when Crysis came out, every linear game out at the time and even 1 year after were more beautiful....right....
---
Wii U ID : Daemian
Xbox Live: Zinit
#55StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:27:34 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

Nah, that seems like it would be really boring. Plus someone spoiled the ending for me so I really lost all interest to play it.
#56StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:29:32 PM
Games like Mass Effect 2 and Deus Ex:Human Revolution are the best semi-open games. They don't require grinding and give you the ability to make choices that actually effect the game.
#57SunDevil77Posted 12/5/2012 9:34:05 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

Nah, that seems like it would be really boring. Plus someone spoiled the ending for me so I really lost all interest to play it.

You're missing some of the greatest games this gen with your wild generalizations. No offense, just letting you know tons of incredible games might seem "boring."

Ever try Fallout: New Vegas?
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#58StrongBlackVine(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:36:47 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

You're missing some of the greatest games this gen with your wild generalizations. No offense, just letting you know tons of incredible games might seem "boring."

Ever try Fallout: New Vegas?

Never played a Fallout game mostly because they run like crap on PS3.
#59CaIiber345Posted 12/5/2012 9:38:36 PM
I respect your right to your opinion. I really do.

But who are you trying to convince here? You made your point. Now you're just beating a dead horse.

The only reason to come onto the newest game on the 360 board that's popular and active, and then give your opinion on why you think it and games of its type are overrated, is to...what? You haven't even played this game by your own admission.

Sounds like trolling to me.
---
Waiting for: Aliens: Colonial Marines, GTA V
"RT? Ha! I point real guns at my game"- JakesTable
#60doraemonllh1989Posted 12/5/2012 9:38:58 PM
Sometimes I REALLY wonder what kind of people like TC looks like

I mean...you woke up,create this kind of thread to piss people off just to be able to sleep at night

People like you must be creepy in real life =.=
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)