Custom Map Thread

#1CorporalGiroroPosted 12/6/2012 10:18:49 AM
Post your custom maps here and have others judge your artistic talent! I'm aware the game hasn't been out long, but there's bound to be a few, like myself, who have tried out the map editor.

I just uploaded a (pretty terrible) map myself. It's pretty bare, but that's because I'm really looking for input on the general layout and object placement. I'd really appreciate it if someone was to look it over and give me your opinion. I don't really want to put in loads of time and effort just to find out the basic elements are bad and no one wants to play the map. Just search for "Hidden Valley" (I'm horrible with names, so that's likely to change) and you'll find it. I'm also looking forward to checking out your maps, so get posting!
---
Girogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogiro
GT - SlymR
#2Mr_BankercatPosted 12/6/2012 10:22:09 AM
I'm planning on making a road kill map.
Just tons of deer in a straight line.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#3RepublicanThugPosted 12/6/2012 11:01:01 AM(edited)
Edit
---
4 more years? Sigh.....
#4TSROCKSPosted 12/6/2012 10:28:20 AM(edited)
Great idea! So far I have made 3 maps for Far Cry 3.

The first is ATX Junk River 2012. It is a remake of my first Far Cry 2 map that I made. It played great on Far Cry 2, but I'm not sure how well it is going to play on this one due to the lack of vehicles. It's basically a jungle map with a river running through the middle separating the two teams bases.

The second map is ATX Ship Graveyard. This is a map that takes place on a coast in a Graveyard of Ships during a storm. There are a lot of crooked ships you can climb and hide in and good sightlines for sniping. This is just a really crazy map to play on and has a lot of secrets as well.

My last map is ATX Clifftown. This map takes place in a desert village built high up on the side of a mountain cliff. One wrong step can cause you to fall to your death. The map features a lot of narrow passageways for close combat and has a lot of openness for long range combat. There are also ziplines over gaps you can use for a quick escape.
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Alex898
#5Mr_BankercatPosted 12/6/2012 10:31:05 AM
So, there's no vehicles for the custom maps? Shame.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#6CorporalGiroro(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:31:27 AM
I uploaded and published it. It's available for download. I can download other players maps as well.
---
GT - SlymR
#7CorporalGiroro(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:53:55 AM
TSROCKS posted...

The first is ATX Junk River 2012. It is a remake of my first Far Cry 2 map that I made. It played great on Far Cry 2, but I'm not sure how well it is going to play on this one due to the lack of vehicles. It's basically a jungle map with a river running through the middle separating the two teams bases.

The second map is ATX Ship Graveyard. This is a map that takes place on a coast in a Graveyard of Ships during a storm. There are a lot of crooked ships you can climb and hide in and good sightlines for sniping. This is just a really crazy map to play on and has a lot of secrets as well.

My last map is ATX Clifftown. This map takes place in a desert village built high up on the side of a mountain cliff. One wrong step can cause you to fall to your death. The map features a lot of narrow passageways for close combat and has a lot of openness for long range combat. There are also ziplines over gaps you can use for a quick escape.

Wow. Your maps put anything I could even dream of making to shame. How long did you spend on them? Mine is terrible and that took me 2 hours, although a lot of time was spent figuring out various tools.

I did notice on the Ship Graveyard, you've placed a ladder the wrong way round. You can't climb it. It's the one on the side of the boat in the red spawn. Just so you know.
---
GT - SlymR
#8master_ningPosted 12/6/2012 11:14:59 AM
Im currently working on 3 maps im working on.

High Tower Hell- a map without a floor. The whole fight takes place through multiple conjoined towers. Be quick on your feet, but watch out because if you leap before you look... it just might be your last.

Airport Attack- fight your way from hanger to hanger using anything you can for cover. Pirates start in the ticketing area. And rebels start a guard office.

My Far home- just building my own personal island getaway...

Another one i am thinking of making... Surf Side slaughter- use team work as you are forced to swim from small island to island to grab domination points or cover your friends as they do it. The idea is that you have maybe 6 small islands spread far apart where each team needs to have people swim for the objectives or cover their own in long rang combat with minimal cover.
---
All hail the might Brolon Empire
#9CorporalGiroro(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 11:33:36 AM
High Tower Hell and Surf Side Slaughter both sound pretty interesting. I can't wait to try them out.
---
GT - SlymR
#10TSROCKSPosted 12/6/2012 1:27:35 PM(edited)
CorporalGiroro posted...
TSROCKS posted...

Wow. Your maps put anything I could even dream of making to shame. How long did you spend on them? Mine is terrible and that took me 2 hours, although a lot of time was spent figuring out various tools.

I did notice on the Ship Graveyard, you've placed a ladder the wrong way round. You can't climb it. It's the one on the side of the boat in the red spawn. Just so you know.

Thanks I'm glad you liked them. Each map took around 3-5 hours to make, plus test to make sure everything worked (You'd be surprised how hard it was to make some of the platforms work right on clifftown, one stray piece of wood sticks out and you won't be able to run across them). Thanks for finding that ladder on Ship Graveyard, I just fixed it and I'm reuploading the map with the fixed ladder.

Edit: Speak of the devil I just found a ramp you couldn't run up on Clifftown so I just reuploaded a new version of that map. Everything should be fixed and work on every map now :D
---
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Alex898