That's what they teach you in the army!

#1BrockSamsonPosted 12/6/2012 2:32:32 PM
Dunno about anyone else, but the Army didn't teach me to hit someone's head on a bamboo cage, killing them in a fairly improbable manner. They DID teach some elementary grappling, but any white belt in judo or brazilian jiu jitsu already knows how to pull off a cross collar choke or triangle. Not as bad as everyone who outranks someone being called "sir" despite not being an officer, but still. Do five minutes of research, game makers!
#2Burn-the-lightPosted 12/6/2012 2:34:57 PM
I assumed he meant that the army taught him to stay calm in those situations, think rationally and come up with a plan of action using improvised techniques. Not that they literally have a class on how to kill a dude with a bamboo cage.
---
We walk toward desire, hand in hand through fields of fire, with only love to light the way, on the road to judgement day.
DD Pawn: Ishzark, Warrior vocation.
#3wrexwrecksPosted 12/6/2012 2:36:44 PM
This topic goes into the "some in-game minutiae contradicts the one fact I know, so I must talk about to make sure everyone knows that I know something" file.

It goes right next to that airline pilot who complained about how unrealistic Lost's plane-crash scenario was.
---
It's gor-GET - because there are no French people in Westeros.
#4AlleyBoi420Posted 12/6/2012 2:41:39 PM
Burn-the-light posted...
I assumed he meant that the army taught him to stay calm in those situations, think rationally and come up with a plan of action using improvised techniques. Not that they literally have a class on how to kill a dude with a bamboo cage.

Lol this. It's obvious this is what he meant.
---
"when it comes to reality i own the $5m penthouse and the lambo and you have nothing. and i punch you in the face and you start crying" - supergreat
#5aiwazPosted 12/6/2012 2:41:53 PM
"I've never shot anyone before....!"

(an hour later he can out-kill and out-hunt anyone on the planet)
#6BrockSamson(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 2:42:13 PM
wrexwrecks posted...
This topic goes into the "some in-game minutiae contradicts the one fact I know, so I must talk about to make sure everyone knows that I know something" file.

It goes right next to that airline pilot who complained about how unrealistic Lost's plane-crash scenario was.

Disagree. For those who actually have experience in one field or another, glaring oversights such as the aforementioned "Sir!" thing are an immersion killer. However, feel free to bash someones opinion regardless. Maybe if you stumbled across in game dialogue confusing Star Wars and Star Trek, you'd feel the same way lol.
#7bluehat94Posted 12/6/2012 2:43:33 PM
aiwaz posted...

They do make mention about how he "was a natural with a gun".
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 12/6/2012 2:44:50 PM
wrexwrecks posted...

Sometimes that sort of thing doesn't bother me, but yeah. I mean, I'm all for telling people that the damage wildlife is doing to you in this game is actually less than it would really do when they complain about tigers, cassowaries or bears being 'overpowered' because they two-hit you, when IRL they would probably one-hit you.

I did get a laugh out of that line, though.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#9aiwazPosted 12/6/2012 2:57:08 PM
bluehat94 posted...
aiwaz posted...

They do make mention about how he "was a natural with a gun".

The tattau does the rest
#10ShELbY_GT500Posted 12/6/2012 4:43:04 PM
ITT: Trying to brag that he is in the military and knows a martial art.

Conclusion: Nobody cares.
---
Mess with the bull?...
More topics from this board...
co-op mapsRKZX2111/25 10:06AM