That's what they teach you in the army!

#11natevinesPosted 12/6/2012 5:45:11 PM
I agree, as a former Marine.

And if they didn't teach us, we know for damn sure they didn't teach you ;)
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#12ill-thoughtsPosted 12/6/2012 5:46:01 PM
KILLER BAMBOO FTW.
---
i can now die a happy man http://youtu.be/jvC1q54tDGw
#13CaIiber345Posted 12/6/2012 5:50:23 PM
Problem is we have one of these topics already created today.

And you want creative inconsistencies in entertainment? Look at the way firearms are handled in movies and television. It's gotten better in the past few years, but it's still abysmal.
---
Waiting for: Aliens: Colonial Marines, GTA V
"RT? Ha! I point real guns at my game"- JakesTable
#14vigorm0rtisPosted 12/6/2012 5:50:23 PM
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
ITT: Trying to brag that he is in the military and knows a martial art.

He probably should have bragged that the Army really did teach him how to break out of a bamboo cage. And throw knives. And basic escapism.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#15ShELbY_GT500Posted 12/6/2012 5:53:49 PM
CaIiber345 posted...

And you want creative inconsistencies in entertainment? Look at the way firearms are handled in movies and television. It's gotten better in the past few years, but it's still abysmal.

Hey if they wanted to make everything real life like then movies, tv and video games would be pretty damn boring.

Imagine watching a movie like James Bond if everything was as realistic as possible.

People just need to stop whinging and move on when they see some of those WTF moments.
---
Mess with the bull?...
#16natevinesPosted 12/6/2012 5:55:39 PM
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
CaIiber345 posted...

Hey if they wanted to make everything real life like then movies, tv and video games would be pretty damn boring.

Imagine watching a movie like James Bond if everything was as realistic as possible.

People just need to stop whinging and move on when they see some of those WTF moments.

To be fair, they could've just not used that line because it's pretty asinine. I realize they were probably just trying to introduce the fact that he had been in the Army, but it could've been in a more realistic fashion.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#17TheBorderColliePosted 12/6/2012 6:08:15 PM
For those who actually have experience in one field or another, glaring oversights such as the aforementioned "Sir!" thing are an immersion killer.

LOL!
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#18KaneOfShadowsPosted 12/6/2012 6:16:11 PM
TC was in the Army, knows Martial Arts, accused someone else on the board of being a nerd.

He must be better than everyone here.
#19LogicmongerPosted 12/6/2012 6:49:09 PM
The Army... celebrating mediocrity.
#20Arctic_SunrisePosted 12/6/2012 6:51:09 PM
I think that class is called; "How To Bamboozle Your Enemy While Incarcerated."

Geddit? Bamboo-zle? Yeah?

Oh, bollocks to you.
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy