That's what they teach you in the army!

#61Burn-the-lightPosted 12/7/2012 12:06:23 PM
Mr_Bankercat posted...
So, so much stupidity in this thread.
Yes, I doubt smacking his head against the bamboo would kill him. He meant that the army taught him to think on his feet.
Now all of you army/pog/navy/mecha-fighter/radiologists/chefs kindly be quiet and shut up.

This.

Except for the shut up part. I'm enjoying watching you all rip each others throats out over something that doesn't matter and no body gives a damn about. No offense, I think it's because I'm English and so have an innate hatred for humanity.
---
We walk toward desire, hand in hand through fields of fire, with only love to light the way, on the road to judgement day.
DD Pawn: Ishzark, Warrior vocation.
#62melvin475866Posted 12/7/2012 12:08:59 PM
largar posted...
How is it even possible to "brag" about being in the army?? Gimme a break.... It's not like it used to be 60-70 years ago, when it was actually honorable to join the ranks. Defending freedom?? Yeah....ok. Anyone who joins the army these days is a complete moron (IMO). Government pawns, nothing more.

I think it depends man. I joined the Core, did my time, and now I'm getting paid to go to school. Like no sh*t they pay full tuition for this university AND give me money to live off of. It's a pretty sweet deal vs student loans and such. Besides spit on the gov all you want but America's far better of then a whole lot of country's and I'm glad to have help keep it that away. Nothing dumb about protecting what you have
#63faxmachnePosted 12/7/2012 12:27:36 PM
melvin475866 posted...
faxmachne posted...
BrockSamson posted...
faxmachne posted...
I was in the british military, we were not taught how to kill with a bamboo cage, though i was taught how to kill someone with a rifle and with a bayonet

I understood what he said to mean that they taught you to kill, stay calm and carry on. Not they taught me ho to kill with anything in any given scenario.

As for the sir thing. In the british military we only call officers sir, or ma'am.

Americans, at least in my experience working with them, call sergeants and above sir at the very least. I have witnessed this with my own eyes.

I do not understand your complaints

I do not understand your brain. If you've seen Sergeants being called "sir", the only interactions you've witnessed with your own two eyes have been on a TV.

so because i saw what i saw you felt the need to insult me

very grown up

I don't know what you saw man but that's not how it works. The only time you'll see someone call an enlisted "sir" is either in basic training or if a higher up came up on you too quick and your not sure of his rank when giving him the greeting of the day. Even then that enlisted NCO or SNCO will probably rip your ***.

i dont deny it

just saying what i saw

the people in question were in the **** for something if that makes a difference
---
Thanks to the guy who blabbed on my old one
#64BrockSamson(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:30:41 PM(edited)
melvin475866 posted...
largar posted...
How is it even possible to "brag" about being in the army?? Gimme a break.... It's not like it used to be 60-70 years ago, when it was actually honorable to join the ranks. Defending freedom?? Yeah....ok. Anyone who joins the army these days is a complete moron (IMO). Government pawns, nothing more.

I think it depends man. I joined the Core, did my time, and now I'm getting paid to go to school. Like no sh*t they pay full tuition for this university AND give me money to live off of. It's a pretty sweet deal vs student loans and such. Besides spit on the gov all you want but America's far better of then a whole lot of country's and I'm glad to have help keep it that away. Nothing dumb about protecting what you have

GI Bill FTW. I enjoy the benefits gained from giving up four years of my life. As to those who say we aren't defending America, you're completely correct. At the time, I believed I was getting revenge for every person killed on 9/11 and making the world a better place. However, with the information we have now it's obvious our government cares very little for our lives and the motives behind this costly war are not what our government and media feeds us. But don't think for a second that those in the Armed Forces wouldn't be laying down our lives and defending everyone's rights to live "free" and talk **** freely behind your keyboard, where you don't have to be accountable for your words. Internet anonymity and this whole "troll" generation make me sick.
#65okazenPosted 12/7/2012 12:31:56 PM
Did not know this game was a military simulator or real life situation simulation. Its like crying about the handling of the cars in Need for speed on PS1 not being realistic.
---
Wii U ID : Daemian
Xbox Live: Zinit
#66GunzleaderPosted 12/7/2012 12:56:57 PM
melvin475866 posted...
neohunter1884 posted...
Brock the only reason i am busting your balls is because you are talking about combat role stuff, which you were not in a combat role, so don't talk about it. If you want to discuss how unrealistic the radios are, or how cell phone coverage is go right ahead.

Shut your mouth. Nobody owes you crap kid. Hell the only time I laid eyes on you army Gaylord's was your 88 mikess I think you call them? Your motor t bubs and your special forces. You gen pop douches play border patrol while the real guys put in the sweat and blood running house to house street to street. your not special because you were army grunt son. Means jack.

and your not special talking crap over the internet. so kiss an ass. oh ITT: brag about your skills or army training still no one cares. i don't want any braggers fighting for my country please retire k THX!
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#67Synthetic_CKPosted 12/7/2012 12:57:12 PM
melvin475866 posted...
largar posted...

Small nitpick but I thought it was Joining the Corps not core.
---
LOL@console fanboys. Just because it's the only console YOU own doesn't mean the others suck. Great games on all systems. Get over yourself, shut up and play.
#68embittererPosted 12/7/2012 1:05:47 PM
Aww, look at the little white weenies fighting.
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
#69BrockSamson(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 1:18:25 PM
embitterer posted...
Aww, look at the little white weenies fighting.

See above reference to pathetic, weak people like you. Keep posting online, I know it's the only place you feel big and strong enough to run mouth to your betters.
#70BrockSamson(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 1:21:17 PM
Gunzleader posted...
melvin475866 posted...
neohunter1884 posted...
Brock the only reason i am busting your balls is because you are talking about combat role stuff, which you were not in a combat role, so don't talk about it. If you want to discuss how unrealistic the radios are, or how cell phone coverage is go right ahead.

Shut your mouth. Nobody owes you crap kid. Hell the only time I laid eyes on you army Gaylord's was your 88 mikess I think you call them? Your motor t bubs and your special forces. You gen pop douches play border patrol while the real guys put in the sweat and blood running house to house street to street. your not special because you were army grunt son. Means jack.

and your not special talking crap over the internet. so kiss an ass. oh ITT: brag about your skills or army training still no one cares. i don't want any braggers fighting for my country please retire k THX!

Discussing =/= bragging. Also, maybe you can put this into a bill when you're old enough to vote. You stick to Everquest, we'll stick to being awesome! Now that's bragging...