Reference to the Jackal from Far Cry 2?

#1Geno146Posted 12/6/2012 10:31:23 PM
So I'm in Badtown shopping for weapons while the lady points her shotgun at me. After finishing my business, I walk outside and pass the woman who sits in front of the shop. I usually don't pay her any attention as she's yelling, but this time she mentioned something that made me listen. She said how she was "a smuggler and a ship captain, before the Jackal sold me out". Seeing as how the Jackal was the main antagonist from Far Cry 2, it really piqued my interest. She claimed to also be a weapons dealer, which also happened to be The Jackal's occupation in the second game.

(Spoilers for Far Cry 2) The thing is though, is that I presumed the Jackal to be dead after either being blown up into giblets along with that mountain, or offing himself after delivering the diamonds to the guard at the end of the previous game. Could this possibly mean that the Jackal is still alive despite either of those outcomes? Sure, the woman seems a bit... out of it (what with constantly swatting her hands about when not talking), but still, a name like the Jackal's doesn't get thrown around without any weight to it, does it?

In any case, still cool of them to at least mention him. I wonder if any of the other characters are referenced? Doesn't Hurk (the guy with the monkeys) also say something about the Bowa Seko conflict diamonds?
---
"No wonder the aliens are always trying to kill us in movies. Even we think we deserve annihilation." -SinisterSamurai
#2Perfect LightPosted 12/6/2012 10:47:00 PM
You are right on both counts. Obviously the woman is referencing something that happened prior to the events of Far Cry 3, but before he was killed during the timeline of Far Cry 2.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new
#3Geno146(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:46:56 PM
Perfect Light posted...
You are right on both counts. Obviously the woman is referencing something that happened prior to the events of Far Cry 3, but before he was killed during the timeline of Far Cry 2.

I hadn't thought about that. I guess that means the woman has been stuck on the island for quite a while then. Yeesh... no wonder she seems a bit crazed.
---
"No wonder the aliens are always trying to kill us in movies. Even we think we deserve annihilation." -SinisterSamurai
#4drewpot2001Posted 12/7/2012 1:06:08 PM
Geno146 posted...
I hadn't thought about that. I guess that means the woman has been stuck on the island for quite a while then. Yeesh... no wonder she seems a bit crazed.

*Says something about the Jackal*

*Stares at you while profoundly tweaking and shaking their hands at you for 5 minutes*

*Repeats line about the Jackal*

/Jackie the arms dealer.