How to host public co-op matches?

#1Gigant0pithecusPosted 12/7/2012 12:16:32 PM
My first time playing co-op, I was host and able to adjust the chapter, difficulty, etc. before other people joined. Cleared about 4 of the chapters with an awesome team.

Lately, though, it's just been throwing me into games already going and about 90% of them are the very first chapter, and about half of those are on casual difficulty. I'd rather host my own to pick up where I left off last time without it having to be a private match.

So is there a way to guarantee that you're the host for public co-op matches or is it random who lands host/what lobby it throws you into?
---
XBL GT: Gigantopithecus
#2raziel_vampyePosted 12/7/2012 12:39:33 PM
To me it seems random. It's annoying that you can't just make a co-op game and THEN set if you want it to be public or private while in the lobby.

I've only got two more chapters to complete, but it's annoying when I keep joining games half way through the first or second. I don't want to leave the people there with a man down, but I never wanted to join the match anyways!
---
360 Gamertag: Zaxlor
PS3 PSN user: Zaxlor
#3RepublicanThugPosted 12/7/2012 12:45:10 PM
Play a few mp matches to build up your previous players list. Then host private coop match and spam invites.

Problem solved
---
4 more years? Sigh.....
#4taelos05Posted 12/7/2012 12:59:21 PM
I wish they'd just let us pick if we want a quick game, to join a lobby (and what mission we want) or create a new one. Overlooking things like that is a bit poor but tbh, I did most of them in one sitting as host and played with the same guys the whole way through.
---
Currently Playing: BF3, Fifa 13, Diablo 3, CSGO