How to host public co-op matches?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. How to host public co-op matches?

User Info: Gigant0pithecus

Gigant0pithecus
4 years ago#1
My first time playing co-op, I was host and able to adjust the chapter, difficulty, etc. before other people joined. Cleared about 4 of the chapters with an awesome team.

Lately, though, it's just been throwing me into games already going and about 90% of them are the very first chapter, and about half of those are on casual difficulty. I'd rather host my own to pick up where I left off last time without it having to be a private match.

So is there a way to guarantee that you're the host for public co-op matches or is it random who lands host/what lobby it throws you into?
XBL GT: Gigantopithecus

User Info: raziel_vampye

raziel_vampye
4 years ago#2
To me it seems random. It's annoying that you can't just make a co-op game and THEN set if you want it to be public or private while in the lobby.

I've only got two more chapters to complete, but it's annoying when I keep joining games half way through the first or second. I don't want to leave the people there with a man down, but I never wanted to join the match anyways!
360 Gamertag: Zaxlor
PS3 PSN user: Zaxlor

User Info: RepublicanThug

RepublicanThug
4 years ago#3
Play a few mp matches to build up your previous players list. Then host private coop match and spam invites.

Problem solved
4 more years? Sigh.....

User Info: taelos05

taelos05
4 years ago#4
I wish they'd just let us pick if we want a quick game, to join a lobby (and what mission we want) or create a new one. Overlooking things like that is a bit poor but tbh, I did most of them in one sitting as host and played with the same guys the whole way through.
Currently Playing: BF3, Fifa 13, Diablo 3, CSGO
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. How to host public co-op matches?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived