this is really random...and about the HUD and health

#1N7Spectre707Posted 12/7/2012 11:50:36 AM
So some people complain about the HUD and stuff.

I wonder if I'm the only one who actually rationalizes these kinds of things in-game. For instance, games like this make me imagine im some kind of cyborg and thats why I always have real-time information like mini maps etc, as well as having regenerative health.

anyone else do anything like that to make sense of certain features?
---
---
Your opinion is a valid and respectable expression of your own personal thoughts. You are a winner. Way to go.
#2daniel79Posted 12/7/2012 11:55:27 AM
N7Spectre707 posted...

I wonder if I'm the only one who actually rationalizes these kinds of things in-game. For instance, games like this make me imagine im some kind of cyborg and thats why I always have real-time information like mini maps etc, as well as having regenerative health.

---

I pretend I'm a robot too. The build up to the millenium bug was a hard pill to swallow at the time.
#3protools1983Posted 12/7/2012 12:07:52 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...

---

Jesus, and here I thought I over thought things.......
---
Me - wat poopmist? DreamTheater33 - when you break wind and a mist of poop forms giving whoever is in the path pinkeye
#4N7Spectre707(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:09:58 PM
protools1983 posted...
N7Spectre707 posted...

---

Jesus, and here I thought I over thought things.......

I'm just saying. Sometimes it doesnt really make sense how one person/soldier is able to singlehandedly take out an entire map full of enemies, as well as know the position of all enemies, as well as be able to hide behind cover in order to have health regenerate etc. quirky and weird, i know.
---
---
Your opinion is a valid and respectable expression of your own personal thoughts. You are a winner. Way to go.
#5flakmunkeyPosted 12/7/2012 12:13:22 PM
Seeing as you don't get a HUD until after the tatau, I just imagine its just tatau magic doing its thing
#6N7Spectre707(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:15:47 PM
flakmunkey posted...
Seeing as you don't get a HUD until after the tatau, I just imagine its just tatau magic doing its thing

there ya go, that works as well.
---
---
#7urfulPosted 12/7/2012 12:42:09 PM
In Fallout: New Vegas, I'd always play with HUD either off or very low, and on hardcore, until I made a cyborg build. 'Twas fun.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Goon Comma The
#8CalistoCoonPosted 12/7/2012 12:45:34 PM
It's because your knowledge of the island grows from using the towers, you learn the lay of the land and this is represented by a minimap, because how else do you convey this to the player and your health is the same thing, you know how you know when you're hungry, you need sleep or you're in pain, they convey that to player using meters, it's pretty much the standard way of doing it and much prefer it over the "Shades of Red" most modern games use, how much red is near dead and how much is only half, I have a hard time telling.

So yeah these are just basic game mechanics easily rationalized by common knowledge of the implementations of the previous mentioned items.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#9raziel_vampyePosted 12/7/2012 12:51:28 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-07-far-cry-3-patch-will-allow-you-to-tailor-the-hud-ui

It's like they were reading his MIND!
---
360 Gamertag: Zaxlor
PS3 PSN user: Zaxlor
#10AuraOfSoulsPosted 12/7/2012 12:52:25 PM
Sometimes... I pretend I'm someone playing a video game... its fun.