Well, that was dumb of me.

#1Uglyface2Posted 12/7/2012 9:07:40 PM
I decided to head out toward another radio tower, ignoring the main mission and seeing if it opened up any gear.

On the way, I saw a pig. Neat! I can upgrade my wallet! So I stabbed it and it died. A short while later, I saw some birds. Neat! I can upgrade the wallet again! So I stabbed a few and they died. Then I heard some unfamiliar grunting. Wow! Buffalo! I've got something I need to craft with them! So I stabbed one, which immediately turned, knocked me on my ass, and then killed me dead. Sent me back to my last save, which was minus two levels of wallets.
#2Arctic_SunrisePosted 12/7/2012 9:12:12 PM
I don't think that's dumb. Buffalo are deceptively tough. Especially for those of us who played Red Dead.
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy
#3SaffronGhostPosted 12/7/2012 9:14:37 PM
Two levels of wallets? That can't happen, at least on the PC version. You also can upgrade with "birds" unless you mean the giant ones that are much tougher than buffalo, but whatever.
---
So many failures.
#4Uglyface2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 9:20:46 PM
Lost a good half hour of progress is what happened. The birds were those big birds, and the buffalo took their place and killed me. It's my fault, I wanted to get the hides without attracting any more pirates.
#5Arctic_SunrisePosted 12/7/2012 9:23:09 PM
Hold on, are we talking about vultures here? I have all the crafting stuffs and I don't recall needing feathers. Did I miss something? I remember one level of the wallet being shark skin. Gah, that was a bastard, hunting sharks with a knife.
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy