Can you manually save anywhere?

#1xMarkPosted 12/9/2012 9:02:27 AM
I don't have the game yet, I was just curious about this.
#2MaeburePosted 12/9/2012 9:05:55 AM
The short answer is Yes.

When you are in an active mission (sometimes this means having entered a specific area to trigger the mission start, as you always have a story mission prompt) it does not let you save. Instead it will have checkpoints.

But when out on your own you can save at any time. You cannot however load games the same way. To load a save you must quit to the main menu (there is a button in the menu to do so) then load from there.
---
Reading is good. It improves your vocabulary, expands your imagination and provides endless amounts of information.
#3xMark(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:12:56 AM
Alright, thanks.
That doesn't sound too bad.

I've been spoiled by games with manually saving haha.
#4bbb316Posted 12/9/2012 9:21:10 AM
Every time you load the game it takes you to a safe house instead of loading back up at the exact spot you saved at.
#5xMark(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:23:55 AM
bbb316 posted...
Every time you load the game it takes you to a safe house instead of loading back up at the exact spot you saved at.

But your current inventory and status is saved, correct?
#6bbb316Posted 12/9/2012 9:25:37 AM
Yes it is.
#7MaeburePosted 12/9/2012 10:04:10 AM
Actually that only seems to be true if you die and then let it reload. If I save then go to menu and reload it brings me to where I saved. And even when I die sometimes it just puts me back right before I entered the combat area.
---
Reading is good. It improves your vocabulary, expands your imagination and provides endless amounts of information.