Skyrim vs Farcry 3 - world comparison

#1triajojoPosted 12/10/2012 11:46:03 PM
A comparative look at the world differences between Skyrim and Farcry 3. Which one do you prefer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd3bKHG9OsE
#2CharityDiaryPosted 12/10/2012 11:54:03 PM
Definitely Far Cry's world.

Don't get me wrong - I love the TES series to death... But in those games, you can walk for like 30 minutes without finding anything to do, and the landscapes just got progressively more bland as each game was released. Skyrim was just, "Oh look another snowy hillside. How exciting!"

In Far Cry, I never get bored walking anywhere. I can set off on a journey to walk across one of the islands, and it'll take me hours to do so, because I'll get sidetracked so many times. The land just looks more rich and full of detail in Far Cry...
#3glassghost0Posted 12/11/2012 12:11:33 AM
CharityDiary posted...

Don't get me wrong - I love the TES series to death... But in those games, you can walk for like 30 minutes without finding anything to do, and the landscapes just got progressively more bland as each game was released. Skyrim was just, "Oh look another snowy hillside. How exciting!"

In Far Cry, I never get bored walking anywhere. I can set off on a journey to walk across one of the islands, and it'll take me hours to do so, because I'll get sidetracked so many times. The land just looks more rich and full of detail in Far Cry...

You just like bright colors more
---
Signature OFF
#4CharityDiaryPosted 12/11/2012 12:13:48 AM
glassghost0 posted...
CharityDiary posted...

You just like bright colors more

Or maybe I just hate white.
#5maiden1993Posted 12/11/2012 12:14:23 AM
In my opinion, Skyrim's world is larger and more varied, but Far Cry 3 is more of a playground and WAY more fun to play in.

Kind of an unfair comparison, since Far Cry 3's mechanics are more varied than Skyrim's, making its sandbox more interactive and random.

In other words, each sandbox is good in different ways: This game's world is better to get lost in for hours doing increasingly ridiculous stuff; while Skyrim is a very accomplished and realized RPG setting. Two very different kinds of games.
#6apollooooPosted 12/11/2012 12:45:07 AM
imo, skyrim, no contest.

FC 3 world is amazing, but skyrim has more to it. and it has a bit more of variety too. and overall, the overworld of skyrim is better designed
---
Love is a kiss of a terminal bliss. from the smile on your face, to the line you rephrase will guide you to your love.
your love is a kiss, my undying wish
#7triajojo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 2:19:16 AM
yeah its tough to compare because of the different game types. One is a open world rpg, the other a open world fps. So instead I'm trying to focus on the world itself, the atmosphere if you will...

It does bring up a good question, does farcry only seem more lively because of its more vibrant, colorfull world? Or do they really have the same amount of stuff to do?
#8steaknchipsPosted 12/11/2012 2:24:48 AM
In Skyrim you can wander across a Dragon swooping down to set a Giant ablaze and soar off with his Mammoth

In Far Cry 3 you can stumble across a tiger eating a pig.
#9glassghost0Posted 12/11/2012 2:26:54 AM
steaknchips posted...
In Skyrim you can wander across a Dragon swooping down to set a Giant ablaze and soar off with his Mammoth

In Far Cry 3 you can stumble across a tiger eating a pig.

Skyrim's world is dead, the same stuff happens over and over. I've had soooo many random things happen in FC3
---
Signature OFF
#10VlayerPosted 12/11/2012 2:30:50 AM
Has to be Skyrim.

It's just a very detailed world, it has larger cities, small towns, dwemer ruins, caves, temples etc... Play it enough and you'll even remember a lot of names of these locations.

I can't say the same for Far Cry 3, even though it's a much more exotic place and style, it's not nearly as memorable as Skyrim.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.