Skyrim vs Farcry 3 - world comparison

#11CrayonmuffinPosted 12/11/2012 1:41:26 AM
Skyrim for me. I like the look of a more med-evil place rather than anything modern or tropical. That being said, I play Skyrim when I want to just roam around and relax and play FC3 when I want to destroy everything.
#12hump3rdnkPosted 12/11/2012 1:49:42 AM
Vlayer posted...
Has to be Skyrim.

It's just a very detailed world, it has larger cities, small towns, dwemer ruins, caves, temples etc... Play it enough and you'll even remember a lot of names of these locations.

I can't say the same for Far Cry 3, even though it's a much more exotic place and style, it's not nearly as memorable as Skyrim.

I love your sig! That has to be the funniest tv show ever. At least the movie has been kind of confirmed now so it'll probably happen :-)
#13triajojo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 6:20:29 PM
I don't know I'm still shaken up over getting attacked by a gator as I was admiring the water. Although, hearing a roar and epic music as a dragon flies over you in the middle of nowhere is plenty intense too.

That being said, after awhile I get annoyed by dragons...can't I go hiking in peace for once you stupid dragon!?
#14blt123SengPosted 12/11/2012 7:15:19 PM
Vlayer posted...
Has to be Skyrim.

It's just a very detailed world, it has larger cities, small towns, dwemer ruins, caves, temples etc... Play it enough and you'll even remember a lot of names of these locations.

I can't say the same for Far Cry 3, even though it's a much more exotic place and style, it's not nearly as memorable as Skyrim.

Biggest problem with Skyrim is, even though it has all of these things, it just feel kind of shallow, meaningless, and dead. It is a cool world, but Far Cry 3 utilizes its world more effectively.
#15A Naked PenguinPosted 12/11/2012 7:26:03 PM
Biggest problem with Skyrim is, even though it has all of these things, it just feel kind of shallow, meaningless, and dead. It is a cool world, but Far Cry 3 utilizes its world more effectively.

I was in disagreement with anybody that said FC until this.

I think Skyrim is cooler in general the Aurorae are super cool and Blackreach was just one of my best gaming moments. But as far as making the most of what it's got, it's Far Cry.
---
GT: An Old Nun
#16CruorComaPosted 12/11/2012 7:38:35 PM
It's hard to compare worlds on their own merits when what makes a world in the first place is dependent on who inhabits them. As such, I have no choice but to prefer Far Cry 3. Skyrim had the standard black and white, good and evil fanfare when it comes to characters, none of which being very complex or even that interesting. Then, there's the voice and motion capture performances.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#17StaticPenguinPosted 12/11/2012 7:39:29 PM
Skyrim. In terms of what's in the world, Skyrim just does it better. I'm in love with FC3 however, getting attacked by animals randomly does not make it the better game to me. Sure, I might come across a guy who's truck broke down on the side of the road or watch him get mauled by a tiger or something but it's not enough. Other games have that too and Skyrim is one of them.

In Skyrim I at least randomly get attacked by dragons, animals, bandits or come across merchants and such. Skyrim makes me feel like I'll never run out of things to do.

Far Cry 3 in my opinion though definitely has a prettier world.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#18DeathEater30Posted 12/11/2012 8:13:27 PM
Skyrim because at least in skyrim there are actual towns and cities to explore and each one has dozens of characters with quests and stories. Far cry 3 is beautiful but not much to see besides empty ruins and bunkers.

That said I am having a blast with far fry 3 and its my pick for game or the year, but you really can't compare this to skyriminians world as skyrim is superior.
#19DeathEater30Posted 12/11/2012 8:14:38 PM
Also in skyrim characters exist outside of fmv sequences which is a bonus.
#20ArcturonPosted 12/11/2012 8:20:40 PM
I have to go with Skyrim, the world feels much more alive. Yes, I am enjoying FC3 currently, but I can already tell, there is little purpose or excitement into going and collecting anything past the achievement/signature weapons. I'm already getting bored at 18 hours. Traveling across the island will get me nothing, I might run across a pack of dogs chasing something, but that's no longer interesting.
While dragons got annoying, it was fun and varied, never knowing the type that will show up, see what they are even after. Maybe a merchant or trainer is traveling about or just a random quest which is more than "Drive this transport vehicle here." "Go and kill this one guy sitting in the middle of no where wit 8 guards around him, but with a knife." The hunt quests I did like, but the sidequests in this, FC3 are just lifeless pieces meant to extend gameplay past what it needs. Also, finding all of my upgrades within the first few hours? That sucked, that took away alot from the game for me. Now I'm just pushing to finish the game.