why do shootouts suck in FC3?

#11VlayerPosted 12/11/2012 2:35:18 AM
steaknchips posted...
I also noticed that you can murder everyone in an outpost with a sniper rifle and they do not raise the alarm unless they actually see you, despite the ever growing pile of corpses with their melons popped.

Oh yes, because everyone playing this game would LOVE if the enemies would raise an alarm the second they find a dead body.

Also, the gunplay is great.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#12Big_Ed_MustaphaPosted 12/11/2012 3:55:26 AM
SaintFC_ posted...
D_Gryphon posted...
I think the shooting is pretty satisfying.

Agreed, sorry TC but you seem to be in the minority on this one.

QFT
---
King of the evil/normal monkeys who are now mostly normal but flesh eating while frowned upon is not entirely rare
#13stun4funPosted 12/11/2012 3:58:30 AM
If you think fast and have imagination the gun fights in this game are the best around, if you don't then sorry to hear.
#14NanilaPosted 12/11/2012 4:40:56 AM
Vlayer posted...
steaknchips posted...
I also noticed that you can murder everyone in an outpost with a sniper rifle and they do not raise the alarm unless they actually see you, despite the ever growing pile of corpses with their melons popped.

Oh yes, because everyone playing this game would LOVE if the enemies would raise an alarm the second they find a dead body.

Also, the gunplay is great.

It would make things more realistic and believable if they actually did raise the alarm under that circumstance. The way it is now, like most games, it's a joke to have the guards get all alerted for 10 seconds then go back to doing nothing when they see all their buddies dying.
---
This is what game designers like to call 'balanced gameplay' which roughly translates to 'you can have fun just as long as something's slightly irritating you.'
#15kornbeefncabagePosted 12/11/2012 4:45:24 AM
I can sort of agree with you TC. Here is what I do to increase my enjoyment of the game. I turn the difficulty all the way up. I never use the camera for marking. I turn of target marking, aim assist, and the cross hairs. I would turn the bud off if I could too. At least the radar. Game is more challenging and immersive for me this way. And the pirates can be more of a threat. I do agree with some of your issues. But remember this game needs to be accessible to more casual players too.
---
GT: GUINESSGUY84
#16ZIONel44Posted 12/11/2012 4:57:40 AM
sorry buddy, ur alone on this one.
---
XBL gt: lee the wise
appreciate a game for what it brings. not just for the graphics.
#17butsizzlePosted 12/11/2012 5:48:25 AM
It's your guns TC. The shooting get waaaay more satisfying after you get the signature weapons.
---
"Did you just say that you respect pedophiles?" - butsizzle
"Hell yeah." - _Sawyer
#18HeyZeussPosted 12/11/2012 6:13:48 AM
Once they're onto you try and run and hide again, and pick em off stealthily again. That's a lot harder than when they have no clue you're there.
#19Big_Ed_MustaphaPosted 12/11/2012 6:26:30 AM
steaknchips posted...
There's very little weight or sense of impact in the gun battles

Trust me, you want impact?? You wait till you shoot someone with the AMR when its unlocked. I never tire of seeing them go flying back with the hit
---
King of the evil/normal monkeys who are now mostly normal but flesh eating while frowned upon is not entirely rare
#20myceloPosted 12/11/2012 6:29:48 AM
TC, try the bow.
---
If read by accident, provoke vomiting.
GT: myceloX