why do shootouts suck in FC3?

#21Josh_ExplosionPosted 12/11/2012 6:37:05 AM
i try to strictly use the bow and the sniper rifle. my only beef with farcry shooting is for my first 2 hours of playing i am adjust for drop on the bullet at long distances only to realize i am apparently firing a laser, i did notice you do have to lead the target whilst they are running but never significantly, no matter the distance
---
Sacrifice to Gods of old, Bleed them of their lives, Fresh blood on our swords
Gods Of War Arise! (GT:josh explosion)
#22OutrageoussPosted 12/11/2012 6:37:26 AM
steaknchips posted...
Survivior/Medium

I also noticed that you can murder everyone in an outpost with a sniper rifle and they do not raise the alarm unless they actually see you, despite the ever growing pile of corpses with their melons popped.

Its like they want to make sure their buddies arent dying of natural causes before raising the alarm.

Gee, all these guys getting their heads blown off...I better go and search the bushes instead of reporting a problem.

Really? When ever I sniped one, and another guy saw it, they would rush for the alarm.
---
Now you see me, now you dont because your dead :)
GT: Baileyy23
#23crimsontide1980Posted 12/11/2012 6:53:40 AM
D_Gryphon posted...
Crank the difficulty up.
This.
#24ollie229Posted 12/11/2012 9:01:45 AM
Lag compensation.
---
What? No Weather Dominator? You just expect the weather to dominate itself, huh? That's so unprofessional.
#25RX20000Posted 12/11/2012 10:55:51 AM
steaknchips posted...
Survivior/Medium

I also noticed that you can murder everyone in an outpost with a sniper rifle and they do not raise the alarm unless they actually see you, despite the ever growing pile of corpses with their melons popped.

Its like they want to make sure their buddies arent dying of natural causes before raising the alarm.

Gee, all these guys getting their heads blown off...I better go and search the bushes instead of reporting a problem.

If they raised the alarm anytime they saw a body, it would be pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to ever take over any outpost without raising an alarm. It would take a long ass time just sneaking around, trying to isolate people, taking them down with your knife, then dragging their bodies away where they would never be seen.

Its so much easier to just either stand back & snipe & displace so they never see you, or run around doing takedowns but not worrying that much if they see a body or not.
#26kornbeefncabagePosted 12/11/2012 1:01:39 PM
RX20000 posted...
steaknchips posted...
Survivior/Medium

If they raised the alarm anytime they saw a body, it would be pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to ever take over any outpost without raising an alarm. It would take a long ass time just sneaking around, trying to isolate people, taking them down with your knife, then dragging their bodies away where they would never be seen.

Its so much easier to just either stand back & snipe & displace so they never see you, or run around doing takedowns but not worrying that much if they see a body or not.

I would actually like it like that. I always go for taking out an outpost unseen. That means the pirates were never put on alert. If they spot a body it is usually when I am near NY and can take them out before they can. Yell out to their buddies.
---
GT: GUINESSGUY84