This game really isn't that great.

#11tales_of_chaosPosted 12/11/2012 5:42:25 PM
PennState0411 posted...
darkestmerc posted...
What would you consider a good game TC?

I will point out several problems with it, over exaggerate them to make them sound game breaking, and follow up with saying the game isn't that great.

Hey dude, some people just don't like certain games. I am sure somebody hates your favorite game with a passion. Can't please everyone. I do agree with some things OP is saying, and for that he gets the golden star for the day.

well hes obviously using those methods to beat the game fast then complain its broken and boring
---
mothers sleep better when finding out people on gamefaqs cry more then their infant children
#12CaIiber345Posted 12/11/2012 5:44:28 PM
I absolutely agree. The game isn't bad at all, but it's very shallow and restrictive.

The question for me now becomes...

Do I play Far Cry 2? I have it in my backlog. I've read time and time again about malaria, guns jamming, fixing cars every ten seconds, and enemies that respawn to the other extreme.

But I love...open...world...games...
---
Waiting for: Aliens: Colonial Marines, GTA V
When all else fails, and you're being overrun, grab a meatshield.
#13aiwazPosted 12/11/2012 5:48:08 PM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Then TC needs to set up his tent at the Black Ops 2 board, and never come back here again. He's said his feelings already. Go play something else thats better for him.

Nah he's right for the most part. Doesn't mean the game is bad, it just means its kind of weak. Only thing I would add is that the console versions should have been optimized because the terrible, piss poor frame rate and screen tearing make the great graphics absolutely pointless. Why bother turning the camera and enjoying the scenery when the flickering induces a headache?

oh right: inb4installthegameidontseeitonmytvyourxboxisoldgetapcetc
#14BushidoEffect3Posted 12/11/2012 5:52:26 PM
aiwaz posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Then TC needs to set up his tent at the Black Ops 2 board, and never come back here again. He's said his feelings already. Go play something else thats better for him.

Nah he's right for the most part. Doesn't mean the game is bad, it just means its kind of weak. Only thing I would add is that the console versions should have been optimized because the terrible, piss poor frame rate and screen tearing make the great graphics absolutely pointless. Why bother turning the camera and enjoying the scenery when the flickering induces a headache?

oh right: inb4installthegameidontseeitonmytvyourxboxisoldgetapcetc

Not as bad as you exaggerate. And I never play my games installed either.
Since you're over and done with this, move on to another game then. Black Ops is waiting for you.
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/69gf9z.jpg
#15necro00Posted 12/11/2012 5:55:52 PM
I agree with OP bought it and hated it, I thought we had choices to go in guns blazing? The game forces too much stealth
#16youshallbeasgodPosted 12/11/2012 5:58:17 PM
BushidoEffect3

Hey, is your username from that awesome psx game?
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#17BushidoEffect3Posted 12/11/2012 6:00:42 PM
youshallbeasgod posted...
BushidoEffect3

Hey, is your username from that awesome psx game?

I used to play Bushido Blade lol. But my name is referring to Mass Effect. Been a fan since the original. 2 being the greatest. imo.
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/69gf9z.jpg
#18mudelledgePosted 12/11/2012 6:33:15 PM(edited)
Yea I hate games that make you have to plan out how to kill a target in various ways making you feel vulnerable to your surroundings....damn.....Imma keep playing because it feels like something I would do if I was Jason..but it sucks to have the option to be stealthy.....

Stfu people and play clone of dooty

TC why waste time on an opinion that is on how this game isn't great......where this board circulates on frequently asked questions....on a farcry 3 board...just to give us your two cents.
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks
#19mudelledgePosted 12/11/2012 6:31:42 PM
Ps- bushido blade was the ****in ****, whatever happened to that franchise?
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks
#20kornbeefncabagePosted 12/11/2012 6:39:39 PM
I think the game IS that great. You have valid points but imo these are pretty minor issues. I could think up critiques for any other game. Doesn't lessen them. There is just always room for improvement. I am loving the so right now. I sometimes wish the pirates were more formiddable but I do die occassionally. I wish the wild life was more dangerous too. And there ate plenty of other things I could think of. But this game is pretty ambitious IMO. And I respect that and enjoy what was done right.
---
GT: GUINESSGUY84