This game really isn't that great.

#21CaIiber345Posted 12/11/2012 6:51:23 PM
I had a rant prepared, but it's not worth it. To those of you that have respectfully articulated that you agree to disagree with TC, thank you. That's how it should be done.
---
Waiting for: Aliens: Colonial Marines, GTA V
When all else fails, and you're being overrun, grab a meatshield.
#22aiwazPosted 12/11/2012 7:07:22 PM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
aiwaz posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Then TC needs to set up his tent at the Black Ops 2 board, and never come back here again. He's said his feelings already. Go play something else thats better for him.

Nah he's right for the most part. Doesn't mean the game is bad, it just means its kind of weak. Only thing I would add is that the console versions should have been optimized because the terrible, piss poor frame rate and screen tearing make the great graphics absolutely pointless. Why bother turning the camera and enjoying the scenery when the flickering induces a headache?

oh right: inb4installthegameidontseeitonmytvyourxboxisoldgetapcetc

Not as bad as you exaggerate. And I never play my games installed either.
Since you're over and done with this, move on to another game then. Black Ops is waiting for you.

Black Ops is waiting for...who... me? I wouldn't touch that game with a barge pole. Do you make pathetic generalizations all the time or did I really get on your nerves that bad? LMAO
#23SythisTaruPosted 12/11/2012 7:22:25 PM
aiwaz posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...
aiwaz posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Then TC needs to set up his tent at the Black Ops 2 board, and never come back here again. He's said his feelings already. Go play something else thats better for him.

Nah he's right for the most part. Doesn't mean the game is bad, it just means its kind of weak. Only thing I would add is that the console versions should have been optimized because the terrible, piss poor frame rate and screen tearing make the great graphics absolutely pointless. Why bother turning the camera and enjoying the scenery when the flickering induces a headache?

oh right: inb4installthegameidontseeitonmytvyourxboxisoldgetapcetc

Not as bad as you exaggerate. And I never play my games installed either.
Since you're over and done with this, move on to another game then. Black Ops is waiting for you.

Black Ops is waiting for...who... me? I wouldn't touch that game with a barge pole. Do you make pathetic generalizations all the time or did I really get on your nerves that bad? LMAO

I just saw you on Black Ops......
#24A Naked PenguinPosted 12/11/2012 7:22:25 PM
I agree in some aspects with the Tc. Crafting is absolutely pointless after the first two hours. And I agree that they should have divided up how the experience was earned amongst the trees, OR made you have to pick and choose more like borderlands.

But I like what the game does best, its a nice change of pace from multiplayer games. I like to just kick back and do my own thing for an hour or two.
---
GT: An Old Nun
#25abbylover1Posted 12/11/2012 7:23:52 PM
I disagree big time i also LOVE co op
---
Abby<3
#26tomcatobitricePosted 12/11/2012 7:26:21 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
The story is decent but the actual gameplay is horribly repetitive and drags on forever. All the stuff they hyped like the Great White is nowhere to be found and I've never even encountered a single instance of being able to use fire to push predators into enemy camps.

All the animals act the same. They wander aimlessly and do nothing but charge at you once agitated. They never actually flank when they're in packs or anything.

A lot of mechanics can also be abused like using boats to kill sharks so there's zero danger to you and the silenced sniper rifle and bow are completely OP. You could say "Well don't use them then!" but stealth gives you the maximum amount of XP so if you don't want to earn skills slow as **** you need to use them.

The XP issue could have been rectified if they didn't pool all the XP together for all trees. If they forced you to use certain styles and weren't just like "LOL STEALTH IN OUTPOSTS XP XP XP!" then it'd encourage variety, but the game failed to do this probably out of fear of making players feel like they're restricted when it ironically happened anyway.

The co-op is a shallow shooting gallery and the MP is a laggy mess with crap matchmaking. And no my internet doesn't suck so don't even go there.

I agree 100%. sold the game cause of all that and more
---
MY CP(\__/)U is neural net processor, a learning computer.Cyberdyne systems Model 101....... A WAR machine Terminator looking(='.'=) for Sarah and John Connor.
#27Dark_SpiretPosted 12/11/2012 7:39:50 PM
i still feel this is a really good game just because of the actual shooting, customization and fun stealth, but i do agree 100%, tc. the xp/skill system is broken, the story turns to ass and theres a ton of ways to exploit the game. The coop/multiplayer parts are also half-assed. i also have my own issues with the god awful hud with no ways to customize it and i feel the exploration in the game is awful with nothing interesting to actually find. The main character sucks, all his friends are annoying and the outposts clearing out EVERYTHING is a bad idea. they took the respawning complaints of FC2 WAY too far.

Game is still good, but after finishing it im left puzzled from everyone giving it 9's and 10, saying its game of the year or even generation.
#28Governator00Posted 12/11/2012 7:41:58 PM
This game was the only game of the year that truly amazed me.
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.
#29mudelledgePosted 12/11/2012 7:43:35 PM
Governator00 posted...
This game was the only game of the year that truly amazed me.

This.
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks
#30kornbeefncabagePosted 12/11/2012 8:16:12 PM
For me it would be this or dragons dogma but I honestly can't think of what all has come out this year.
---
GT: GUINESSGUY84