Play on Normal or Hard Difficulty?

#1madviper22Posted 12/13/2012 4:37:14 PM
First time play through, what would you suggest, normal or hard difficulty?
---
Im probaly lying.
#2MenyetesPosted 12/13/2012 4:42:12 PM
Hard was fine for me.I think if you want a little challenge you should play on hard too.
#3MaeburePosted 12/13/2012 4:42:38 PM
For the first time I'd say normal should be fine. There is a bit of a learning curve early in the game and you take more damage on Hard.
---
Reading is good. It improves your vocabulary, expands your imagination and provides endless amounts of information.
#4D_GryphonPosted 12/13/2012 4:44:50 PM
Hard

It's a nice, fair challenge.
#5LonnyJohnsonPosted 12/13/2012 4:45:17 PM
I'm on hard and I enjoy the challenge. I'd say it's just right.
#6thecrunkedPosted 12/13/2012 5:16:32 PM
its my first far cry game (seasoned fps vet tho) and i'm on hard. its really not that hard, i think normal would be boring
#7D_GryphonPosted 12/13/2012 5:22:08 PM
thecrunked posted...
its my first far cry game (seasoned fps vet tho) and i'm on hard. its really not that hard, i think normal would be boring

Yeah, even on Hard you soak up damage. I'd say the hardest part was the first few hours when you only had 2 health bars. Once you level that up it's pretty easy.

I actually have to play a bit reckless in order to have the "I'm in danger" feeling. I can only imagine how boring normal was.

Although the difficulty definitely scales a bit the further you get in the game and I find myself having to retreat a bit more now.
#8FreakyFrancPosted 12/13/2012 7:58:10 PM
D_Gryphon posted...
thecrunked posted...

Yeah, even on Hard you soak up damage. I'd say the hardest part was the first few hours when you only had 2 health bars. Once you level that up it's pretty easy.

I actually have to play a bit reckless in order to have the "I'm in danger" feeling. I can only imagine how boring normal was.

Although the difficulty definitely scales a bit the further you get in the game and I find myself having to retreat a bit more now.

If you want you can spice it up and make it harder with those tips.

-Dont unlock the skills that will add more health bars or how much health you can recover with a syringes or witouth syringes,same for the body armor skill that reduce damages,just use the points in the other skills,if a skill still make the game easier for you just dont add point to it.

-Dont free any of the outpost so you can still have ennemies roaming on the 2 islands,if you do this its gonna make the game harder when you travel.

-Use only the weakest weapons like the weakest handgun,weakest shotgun,weakest rifle and weakest sniper,so it take more shot to kills ennemies and actually force you to do headshots if you want to get rid of them.

Follow those tips when you play the game on hard difficulty and you'll be in for a much better challenge.At least you got the choice for when you want to put a point on a skill or free an outpost,you have the control on this.
#9hwfanaticPosted 12/13/2012 9:19:15 PM
So far I've been playing on hard with no health-related skills unlocked and I've enjoyed the challenge. First run I've only used weapons that I could pick up from the enemies, but you might not want to do that as the stuff you get from "the remote villages" for free is way, way better than that.
#10Gigant0pithecusPosted 12/13/2012 10:09:03 PM
Been rocking normal but yeah it's a bit easy at this point. Might try hard soon.

So it's just an increase in damage taken? Better than giving enemies more health and you less damage or some crap, I guess. I like the idea of everyone taking high/realistic damage.

The avoiding health bar upgrades suggestion sounds fun, too. Maybe limit it to just three bars.
---
XBL GT: Gigantopithecus