Ninja Step help please

#1aheroafakePosted 12/13/2012 8:42:38 PM
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this? I know you have to liberate two outposts without being detected to unlock this skill besides story progression. What's the best method to achieve this?
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#2Kayne0000Posted 12/13/2012 8:44:46 PM
Silenced sniper rifle from a distance? A bunch of grenades and rocket launchers? You can make all of the sound you want as long as you're not seen. I liberated all outposts undetected to get maximum XP, and while some were frustrating, most of them are very simple.
#3aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 8:50:24 PM
Kayne0000 posted...
Silenced sniper rifle from a distance? A bunch of grenades and rocket launchers? You can make all of the sound you want as long as you're not seen. I liberated all outposts undetected to get maximum XP, and while some were frustrating, most of them are very simple.

I was under the impression that if the enemies know you're there, even without being seen, you can't liberate that same outpost. So just as long as they don't see me?
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
#4DragonivonPosted 12/13/2012 8:51:53 PM
Easiest undetected clear I ever got was sneaking around with a bow, finding a tiger cage and shooting it with one arrow. The tiger proceeded to kill EVERYTHING in the outpost all by itself. Just keep your eyes open on how to approach. If worst comes to worst, you can let them kill you if they see you and then try again. Usually it gives you a checkpoint just outside of the compound.

A silenced sniper rifle can kill the whole place as long as you move after each shot and give them a bit of time to settle again.
---
"It is much easier to be critical than correct." ~Benjamin Disraeli
GT: Dragonivon /PSN: Dragonivon
#5Kayne0000Posted 12/13/2012 8:52:09 PM
If the white bar doesn't flash, you're fine. They can see eight of their buddies die but they won't pull any alarms unless they see you.
#6aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 8:58:17 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.
---
#7DarquePosted 12/13/2012 11:07:45 PM
Another thing about Tiger Cage camps I've noticed, if you snipe people - while the enemy is fighting the animal... they don't seem to notice they're dying to a sniper.....

Use that to your advantage too.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#8CharityDiaryPosted 12/14/2012 12:09:47 AM
If you get seen by a dog, it ruins your 'Undetected' status.

Freaking stupid.
#9dudeasaurusPosted 12/14/2012 12:36:17 AM
CharityDiary posted...
If you get seen by a dog, it ruins your 'Undetected' status.

Freaking stupid.

I HATE the dogs. so much.
OP, what I recommend after liberating probably a majority of outposts without triggering an alarm or being seen at all, is have all the takedown skills and just drag people away as you stab each of em. If you can be patient, try it...It's pretty satisfying to sneak in, shut off the alarms, stab everyone without being seen or heard, and without firing a single shot.
#10Spike2pt0Posted 12/17/2012 8:31:15 AM
I am trying to liberate the first outpost, and can get the guards with little difficulty, but the dog is where I run into issues. I hate to say this but how do I take out the dog w/out it detecting me?