Really? That's it? SPOILERS

#21LiquidWindPosted 12/15/2012 10:30:38 AM
in addition to vaas dying way too early, I really have to say that jason killing him in a hallucination after not clearing for corners like a noob AGAIN was pretty obnoxious
#22TheProdigal713Posted 12/15/2012 12:49:40 PM
RusticGamer posted...
I think its unanimous that Vaas was under utilized. Many people including myself believe him to be the best villain since Ledger's Joker. He has such a strong screen presence. Such a bold psychotic demeanor.

I think the "Boss" battles (i.e QTE's) work better than "meet boss, shoot him a few times. Win." Even though we all would like to feel like we had more control over the encounter for gameplays sake. It's more realistic this was from a story standpoint. Anything more would have been like playing with your food. There's plenty of action outside of these 3 encounters in the game.

Great post, Rustic. I always hear a bunch of hate about QTEs and personally I'm not a fan of them. However, from a story standpoint I believe if its done well, it's much more satisfying than run around in circles getting shot a bunch while you dump round after round into the boss character.

After AC3 I was pretty disappointed with Ubi and didn't have high expectations for this game. Don't get me wrong, this is a great game, but I have noticed a trend with Ubisoft lately. They start off with an absolutely mind blowing intro and set up, give us a fresh story with a LOT of potential, and then completely drop the ball in the late stages of the game. There are so many great ideas I have heard from posters on this board that would have worked wonderfully for the plot. I know making a game isn't easy but Ubi must have seen the potential in this story, right?

Anyways, still a solid game, I had lots of fun and became enthralled with the story.

The preceding has been an opinion and in no way should be interpreted as a malicious attack on Ubisoft. =)
---
Nah, you know what? Unleash the fury! Grab his shoe, beat his testicles! -IASIP
GT: StocktonSlap
#23dooyaunastanPosted 12/15/2012 2:21:25 PM
JD1LLADAKI7VG posted...
SnarfMySnarf posted...
Many people including myself believe him to be the best villain since Ledger's Joker

This post is missing Handsome Jack.

Also, it's not half way through the game. The second island is only about 25% of the main quest.

How when it says main missions completed: 25/38

does 38 divided by 2 equal 25?
---
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison
#24JD1LLADAKI7VG(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 2:48:15 PM
dooyaunastan posted...
JD1LLADAKI7VG posted...
SnarfMySnarf posted...
Many people including myself believe him to be the best villain since Ledger's Joker

Also, it's not half way through the game. The second island is only about 25% of the main quest.

You misunderstand. This guy says that i'm only 25% through the game, whereas I'm saying the game is telling me i'm 25/38 missions in SO according to the game i'm over halfway. Clearly 38 divided by 2 isn't 25. No need to be an ass about it.
---
R.I.P. J Dilla
#25StaticPenguinPosted 12/15/2012 7:16:23 PM
micey13 posted...
StaticPenguin posted...
micey13 posted...
Some were even missing (where he puts a gun in one of your friends hand and taunts them to pull the trigger).

That was still in the game. It happens during one of his drugs trips but it's Jason holding the gun to Vaas' head and switched between the two.

I must have missed that, which drug trip exactly?

I think it's when you've been stabbed. It's when Jason is walking down a long path of TVs and hallucinations appear on his left and right. It's the first or second one that pops up.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#26Shrek81Posted 12/15/2012 7:56:57 PM
JD1LLADAKI7VG posted...
dooyaunastan posted...
JD1LLADAKI7VG posted...
SnarfMySnarf posted...

You misunderstand. This guy says that i'm only 25% through the game, whereas I'm saying the game is telling me i'm 25/38 missions in SO according to the game i'm over halfway. Clearly 38 divided by 2 isn't 25. No need to be an ass about it.

No, you misunderstood. He said the second island was worth only a fourth of the story, not that it was early on.
---
Gt Shrek81
DONKEH