Game breaking glitches list

#1jayman1305Posted 12/15/2012 7:28:33 AM
So i keep hearing about game breaking glitches even on the console versions. Yet, i played through half of the story missions and haven't encountered any. Can you guys cite specific examples of these game breaking glitches WITHOUT any major spoilers*?
#2CrypticsPosted 12/15/2012 8:20:49 AM
Don't know what people are talking about I already beat the game and haven't really encountered any glitch.
---
________( )====()_____________________.
I_|||||__/'''''''''[{]''''''''{_Pwned_}'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Would you Kindly?
#3A_Hairy_WafflePosted 12/15/2012 8:23:39 AM
Only glitch I got happened when I deployed the wingsuit just before hitting the side of a hill. It made me spin end over end for eternity. Luckily it wasn't game breaking, just had to reboot.
#4drewpot2001Posted 12/15/2012 8:35:09 AM
Here's just a few off the top of my head:

- No weapons glitch. Makes it so you can't pull out any of your weapons even though your wheel still says you have them on you. Possibly triggered by an event on the lower island as it's been most reported while playing down there. Doing a tower has fixed it for some.

- No camera/rocks glitch. Prevents you from ever using the camera and rocks again, totally unfixable by the player, prevents story progress if rocks or camera is needed at any point. Triggered by saving a manual save during certain scenes/missions, and loading it up later.

- Multiplayer match making. For some people, it's so bad that they literally cannot get into a match. It was like that for me but luckily the last patch fixed it for me, but some people still experience it.

- Map editor freezing. This is my personally most hated issue. The map editor will freeze literally every two minutes for some maps. No one's sure what triggers it, but it makes working on maps basically impossible. See my topic about it here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632849-far-cry-3/64865598

- Multiplayer levels and custom classes resetting. It happens at random, your level will reset to 0 or sometimes just your custom classes will vanish. It's happened to me, but luckily it was only my custom classes disappearing.

And there's many more, I just can't think of them atm.
#5PinkestFloyd07Posted 12/15/2012 9:28:47 AM
so many times i dove off a cliff and activated the wing suit, only to fly right through the ground and keep falling for a long time until i land in a water under the map..

also kick the hornets nest, was saying i burned 4/5 as soon as i started the mission, and i couldnt burn the 5th field, it just wouldnt work, i had to restart about 5 times then the 5th time it just said they were all burnt and mission complete, i have no idea what happened
#6N7Spectre707Posted 12/15/2012 9:51:22 AM
PinkestFloyd07 posted...
so many times i dove off a cliff and activated the wing suit, only to fly right through the ground and keep falling for a long time until i land in a water under the map..

also kick the hornets nest, was saying i burned 4/5 as soon as i started the mission, and i couldnt burn the 5th field, it just wouldnt work, i had to restart about 5 times then the 5th time it just said they were all burnt and mission complete, i have no idea what happened

I experienced the same problem with the kick the hornets best quest. Took me about 45 minutes of restarting and trying different things before it randomly decidedly I could progress.

The camera/rock glitch is one I've seen reported a few times now, and it is game breaking if you get it before the saving Oliver mission. I think there's other missions that require the camera as well.

This is the first I've heard of the no weapons glitch.

Just back up your saves people, frequently. Also, the moment you think you are experiencing a glitch, immediately exit the game an delete the auto save file. When you load the hard save, you might be before the glitch.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#7MahuriPosted 12/15/2012 12:22:46 PM
Ive heard a ton of people over at PC losing they're saves, which obviously is gamebreaking, none on xbox though
#8Valentino16Posted 12/15/2012 12:46:49 PM
PinkestFloyd07 posted...
so many times i dove off a cliff and activated the wing suit, only to fly right through the ground and keep falling for a long time until i land in a water under the map

easiest way to get the 60m dive achievement, hahaha. All I had to do was dive for like 5 seconds and I got it, the fast traveled back into the map.
---
GT: Obstreperosity
"Zur-En-Arrh"