How do I change between arrows?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. How do I change between arrows?
3 years ago#1
I don't like the bow, but I've found a Hunter mission where they don't explicitly say that you can't use explosive arrows (and really, f*** leopards). The problem is figuring out how to switch between arrows. How do I do that?
3 years ago#2
You have to have a grenade for the explosive and a Molotov for the fire. Go to the crafting menu and make some then equip them to the dpad.
3 years ago#3
You have to equip through the menu?

Some things I like about this game, some things...
3 years ago#4
You craft through the crafting menu then switch to them using whichever direction you've assigned it to.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Far Cry 3
3 years ago#5
Go to the crafting menu and select them. Assign them to a dpad. Select them with that button and use it to select back to normal arrows.
3 years ago#6
Staticnova posted...
You craft through the crafting menu then switch to them using whichever direction you've assigned it to.

... Assuming you're far enough into the game to craft them.

Also, I'm pretty sure that mission does require regular arrows, but the knife is fair game as well. Just don't try the ol' shark vs. jet ski game if you find one of those missions.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
3 years ago#7
It's normal arrows. The knife is always okay. If you get one with a particular weapon type such as a shotgun you can use any shotgun you have. Same for assault rifles, handguns, ect.
Edit... I believe there is one requiring you only use the bow without a requirement for ammo.
3 years ago#8
Nailbomb posted...

... Assuming you're far enough into the game to craft them.

Of course.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Far Cry 3
3 years ago#9
I tried the explosive arrows anyway. The game, which does not explicitly state that you have to use normal arrows on this mission, failed me for blowing up a leopard.

I maintain that it was worth it.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. How do I change between arrows?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived