How do I change between arrows?

#1Uglyface2Posted 12/24/2012 7:57:02 PM
I don't like the bow, but I've found a Hunter mission where they don't explicitly say that you can't use explosive arrows (and really, f*** leopards). The problem is figuring out how to switch between arrows. How do I do that?
#2atomsteelePosted 12/24/2012 7:59:30 PM
You have to have a grenade for the explosive and a Molotov for the fire. Go to the crafting menu and make some then equip them to the dpad.
#3Uglyface2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 8:00:32 PM
You have to equip through the menu?

Some things I like about this game, some things...
#4StaticnovaPosted 12/24/2012 8:07:11 PM
You craft through the crafting menu then switch to them using whichever direction you've assigned it to.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Far Cry 3
#5atomsteelePosted 12/24/2012 8:09:23 PM
Go to the crafting menu and select them. Assign them to a dpad. Select them with that button and use it to select back to normal arrows.
#6NailbombPosted 12/24/2012 8:09:33 PM
Staticnova posted...
You craft through the crafting menu then switch to them using whichever direction you've assigned it to.

... Assuming you're far enough into the game to craft them.

Also, I'm pretty sure that mission does require regular arrows, but the knife is fair game as well. Just don't try the ol' shark vs. jet ski game if you find one of those missions.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#7atomsteelePosted 12/24/2012 8:16:58 PM(edited)
It's normal arrows. The knife is always okay. If you get one with a particular weapon type such as a shotgun you can use any shotgun you have. Same for assault rifles, handguns, ect.
Edit... I believe there is one requiring you only use the bow without a requirement for ammo.
#8StaticnovaPosted 12/24/2012 8:17:16 PM
Nailbomb posted...

... Assuming you're far enough into the game to craft them.

Of course.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Amnesia: AMFP, Watch Dogs, NS: UNS 3
Playing: Far Cry 3
#9Uglyface2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 9:10:34 PM
I tried the explosive arrows anyway. The game, which does not explicitly state that you have to use normal arrows on this mission, failed me for blowing up a leopard.

I maintain that it was worth it.