So his name's Buck... and he likes to f.....

#1jakeDiLLaPosted 12/30/2012 1:06:56 PM
Rofl seriously, who writes this stuff? >_>
#2Burn-the-lightPosted 12/30/2012 1:07:57 PM
Quentin Tarantino. Although I heard he ripped it from somewhere else.
---
We walk toward desire, hand in hand through fields of fire, with only love to light the way, on the road to judgement day.
DD Pawn: Ishzark, Warrior vocation.
#3jakeDiLLa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 1:11:17 PM
I think you mean it was taken from Quentin, I don't think the game was written by him.
#4Burn-the-lightPosted 12/30/2012 1:13:35 PM
jakeDiLLa posted...
I think you mean it was taken from Quentin, I don't think the game was written by him.

You quoted a line taken from Quentin and then asked who writes this stuff and I answered. Where did you get the idea I said the game was written by him from?
---
We walk toward desire, hand in hand through fields of fire, with only love to light the way, on the road to judgement day.
DD Pawn: Ishzark, Warrior vocation.
#5jakeDiLLa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 1:15:29 PM
Okay then let me clarify, who writes the game's dialogue, and decided to add a silly Tarantino quote?
#6NailbombPosted 12/30/2012 1:37:46 PM(edited)
*SPOILERS*

It's supposed to be irony. Jason quotes that line when he first hears the name, then finds out that Buck really does love to f....

jakeDiLLa posted...
Okay then let me clarify, who writes the game's dialogue, and decided to add a silly Tarantino quote?

*LINK CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR PLOT BEYOND THE TOPIC*
http://www.destructoid.com/far-cry-3-the-creative-failure-of-industry-commentary--240819.phtml

It's got a link to the dev's interview where he states that people don't "get" him.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#7jakeDiLLa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 1:27:06 PM
Thanks for the link, I found this part quite interesting:

"When youíre with Citra in front of the warriors, thatís Jasonís fantasy, you know the white guy from LA has sex with this beautiful woman, itís very gratuitous, and itís in front of the whole tribe," Yohalem added. "Itís a fantasy that weíve seen in pop culture cinema.

I didn't get that at ALL when I played through that part... or maybe I'm not far enough in the game yet. (I've only met Citra once)
#8NailbombPosted 12/30/2012 1:36:38 PM
jakeDiLLa posted...
Thanks for the link, I found this part quite interesting:

"When youíre with Citra in front of the warriors, thatís Jasonís fantasy, you know the white guy from LA has sex with this beautiful woman, itís very gratuitous, and itís in front of the whole tribe," Yohalem added. "Itís a fantasy that weíve seen in pop culture cinema.

I didn't get that at ALL when I played through that part... or maybe I'm not far enough in the game yet. (I've only met Citra once)

Oh, well, sorry about that. It's in one of the trailers for the game, but I'll make sure to add a spoiler tag anyways. I posted that link in particular because it talks about how the commentary in general is a total failure.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#9DarquePosted 12/30/2012 2:30:43 PM(edited)
Burn-the-light posted...
Quentin Tarantino. Although I heard he ripped it from somewhere else.

Yeah, it goes back further.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#10midnyghtsson265Posted 12/30/2012 3:02:42 PM
His name is Buck.....and his missions kinda sucked.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Far Cry 3, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...Top 5 games of all time.