Citra and friends *end game spoliers*

#1CTImpPosted 1/5/2013 1:04:28 AM(edited)
Well... that choice wasn't very hard at all. I absolutely hated Jason's friends. A bunch of spoiled, unappreciative brats. Citra, on the other hand, had a cool sexually aggressive, sage-like charm to her.

However, siding with Citra just seems monstrous. You spend the final few missions of the game saving your younger brother's life. Then you promptly return to the doctor's house in desperate search for your friends. To make the decision to slit your girlfriend's throat after all that is kind of silly.

Didn't Jason already tell his friends and Citra he was staying? The ending choice only serves to make Citra, the unquestioned leader of her people, look like a possessive zealot who values life no more than her crazed brother.

Implementing player choice was honestly a bit of a turn off. So many games today fall in that trap. Especially open-world games. Up until that point, it was actually quite refreshing to watch the story play out without having to concern myself with good/evil player choices.
---
Like my favorite show The O'Reilly Factor when I post the spin stops here.
#2nubs222Posted 1/5/2013 1:09:50 AM
It was an easy choice for me as well, but for opposite reasons. To come all that way just to slit your friends' and brother's throat, ridiculous. No way am I going to do the obviously evil choice. However, upon seeing the evil ending, I was hoping you would see Jason go one-by-one to his friends slitting their throats, just to drive the point home.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyBGoode1122?feature=mhee
PSN: The_Despair_
#3invidoverlordPosted 1/5/2013 10:40:26 AM
i chose citra as well and i must say she must have had a big bamboo in her before since that ending scene was like a hot dog down a hallway look on her.
---
I like Robotech and Cookies
#4Ace81892Posted 1/5/2013 11:19:16 AM
Citra pissed me off so I saved the friends. It felt like Citra was making decisions for me and I hate being told what to do. I don't really get why there is so much hate for Jason's friends. They went through some pretty intense stuff and are just scared and want to go home, it's understandable that they are a bit hysterical. I didn't really dislike any of his friends, but I really hate when people try to control me, so **** Citra.
---
"THIS ISN'T STRAWBERRY! IT'S RAWBERRY!" -ChoZo
GT: VaultDweller01
#5MisguidedPiratePosted 1/5/2013 11:22:05 AM
CTImp posted...
The ending choice only serves to make Citra, the unquestioned leader of her people, look like a possessive zealot who values life no more than her crazed brother.

Personally, I think that was the whole point.

Jason is a mirror of Vaas - just as Hoyt "stole" Vaas' mind (as Dennis phrases it at one point), Citra spends most of the game trying to steal Jason's.
---
XBL : Crossbit
#6THE_JOKE_KING33Posted 1/5/2013 11:33:54 AM
I just decided to save his friends. I mean, most of the story involved saving your friends so why would you go through all that just to kill them in the final 5 minutes of the game? Not to mention I hated Citra, in fact, if I were to side with anybody then it would've been Willis, that guy was awesome!
---
"A man's dreams are an index to his greatness."-Zadok Rabinwitz
PSN: THE_JOKE_KING33
#7CTImp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 2:14:41 PM
MisguidedPirate posted...
CTImp posted...
The ending choice only serves to make Citra, the unquestioned leader of her people, look like a possessive zealot who values life no more than her crazed brother.

Personally, I think that was the whole point.

Jason is a mirror of Vaas - just as Hoyt "stole" Vaas' mind (as Dennis phrases it at one point), Citra spends most of the game trying to steal Jason's.

I just can't stand when games go that direction. Why does the ending choice have to be between good and evil, right and wrong? So much of the game had Jason falling into a moral gray area. Jason kills to save his friends, he tortures his brother in hopes of exacting future revenge on Hoyt, and he has unchaste thoughts about Citra while still having a girlfriend. Well, that last one is not so bad.

I feel a more satisfying ending would have had Jason simply choose between staying or going. Returning to the world with friends and family that now feel far away, or forsaking your old life in favor of Citra's love and a place on the island. By making Citra practically evil and asking Jason to kill the people he spent the game saving makes the choice fall flat, imo.
---
Like my favorite show The O'Reilly Factor when I post the spin stops here.
#8gunsndrosesPosted 1/5/2013 2:27:31 PM
Right, because I really wanted to side with the crazy psycho ***** who kills you after you bonk her brains out. Screw that.

I liked the friends, and I'm 99% sure that the people who don't like them are having childhood demons come back to them.
---
I think, therefore I am
#9NitharadPosted 1/5/2013 2:53:42 PM
Heres my opinion:

Citra and her tribe were always just a tool, a means to a clear end namely to rescue your friends.
Cirta tells you that everything you've done on the island would be pointless if you do not join her, but frankly it's the other way around, you did all of this to rescue your friends.
Granted at the end Jason gave in into wanting revenge for his brother, but when he discovered he is alive after all he changed his plans rather quickly.

Also, seriously, what does Citra has to offer Jason ? She tells Jason she loves him, yet she knows NOTHING about him, she doesn't love Jason, she loves power, she loves a strong warrior.
Would someone step up and be a greater warrior than Jason she would propably drop him instantly.

What else ? Drugs that propably shorten Jasons lifespan by decades ? Just imagine what kind of withdrawal Jason will suffer when returning "home", and now imagine what kind of damage these drugs could really do.

Also there're no more enemies to fight ... what will his life be ? Be bored, do drugs, have sex with Citra, hunt a bit, have multiple diseases without proper medical attention?

All of that ignoring of course that Citra is stupid enough to stab Jason to death without even making sure she is pregnant.
#10PENumber1Posted 1/5/2013 4:00:34 PM
Can somebody spoil the friends ending for me? I chose Citra and I'm wondering what exactly happens if I would have chosen friends. And I don't mind being spoiled because I am not sure I will even have the time for a second play through, got a bunch of other games to get through anyway. Thanks.