A sad trend in video games continues...

#31Shmoiken(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 11:03:08 AM
squiggy9996999 posted...
LOL a cheat whining thread?! seriously?

A post ridiculing a thread rooting for players to have more things to do with their $60 game after beating it? Seriously illogical.
#32SHADOW0106Posted 1/7/2013 10:54:20 PM
KLOUDrocks posted...
I don't really care for cheats and haven't used them on a console since the NES days (those extra lives were needed for Contra, man), but I don't mind if others use them so long as they don't interfere with achievements and such (assuming we're just talking about solo play here). Still, it sounds like you should switch to PC, TC. If you want mods, then that'd most certainly make the most sense.

Oh, and I don't think it counts as a trend. There are just as many games out there with cheats as there were before. It's just that some of the bigger-name publishers (Ubisoft, for instance) tend not to implement them.

There are cheats in assassin creed 3 a game made by ubisoft
---
Can my ego help you GT SHAD0W 4500
#33usmovers_02Posted 1/7/2013 10:58:30 PM
Making cheat codes for things like infinite health and ammo is INCREDIBLY easy. I have no idea why they died this gen. A major reason I'm a PC gamer primarily now is for modding and developer console commands.
---
www.nohomophobes.com
#34iDIVIDEBYZER0Posted 1/7/2013 11:20:37 PM
native PC games seem to usually have a dev console, but nearly all PC games are console ports now, thats why no games have cheats

Whats ridiculous is when a game has a dev console, dev commands that are built in, but cheats were disabled permantently. There was a high profile game awhile ago that did that, cant remember which, but they had to release a patch to enable the dev console commands.
#35usmovers_02Posted 1/7/2013 11:28:58 PM
There are quite a few games that do that. SO glad Skyrim isn't one of them. No console commands for FC though :(
---
www.nohomophobes.com
#36KLOUDrocksPosted 1/8/2013 10:13:26 AM
SHADOW0106 posted...
KLOUDrocks posted...
I don't really care for cheats and haven't used them on a console since the NES days (those extra lives were needed for Contra, man), but I don't mind if others use them so long as they don't interfere with achievements and such (assuming we're just talking about solo play here). Still, it sounds like you should switch to PC, TC. If you want mods, then that'd most certainly make the most sense.

Oh, and I don't think it counts as a trend. There are just as many games out there with cheats as there were before. It's just that some of the bigger-name publishers (Ubisoft, for instance) tend not to implement them.

There are cheats in assassin creed 3 a game made by ubisoft

Which is why I used the word "tend", as there are always exceptions.

Also, this only proves what I'm saying further: That this "trend" is indeed not a trend at all.
#37usmovers_02Posted 1/8/2013 7:08:37 PM
It's definitely not true that there are just as many games with cheats as before. Last gen I'd say about 75% of games had at least some codes you could enter. This gen it's likely below 10%.
---
www.nohomophobes.com
#38ShELbY_GT500Posted 1/8/2013 10:25:45 PM
I agree TC. Cheats add so much replay value. The N64/PSX days is the peak of gaming. I remember after beating games like Dave Mirror and Tony Hawk Id then muck around with cheats and games never got boring.
---
Mess with the bull?...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcxb98pROb1r6r2k3o1_250.jpg
#39HatchetHoundPosted 1/8/2013 11:40:58 PM
Cheats in this gen usually come with the AWESOME feature of no saving when they're activated.

Like AC3 and the other AC games with cheats.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#40NitharadPosted 1/9/2013 7:58:46 AM
I'm pretty sad about seeing cheats "die" as well ... I don't care about these stupid achievments.
At the very least have cheats be unlockable so you can just mess around in a new game+ or something.